B&B's in Ireland- suggestions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In 30 days we'll be flying to Ireland for 3 wks and so far have just booked our first 2 nights in Dublin. We want to stay in B&B's for the price and a more local feel.It's hard to find pix of B&B's that show the bedrooms and not just the house exterior and dining room. We need soft & comfty beds and quiet so we can actually sleep as we are light sleepers. So we need aedvice from those who have been there, done that. So here's our itinerary. Suggestions for any of the towns would be greatly appreciated! After Dublin we go north with one day stops in Belfast(meeting relatives for the first time in Lurgan), Portrush, Donnegal, Westport.Then we're slowing it down to 2 days each in Galway, Doolin/Kinvarra, Dingle. Also considering stops in Killarney, Cobh, Kinsale then 2 days in Kilkenny and back to Dublin another day or two before we catch our plane home.We know all the sites we want to see just need places to stay and where to eat. Thanks for your insights.
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 11:40 AM

If you check out www.irelandyes.com, Michele has places she's stayed at in most of those areas, complete with information and websites

I'll be there in June. Have fune!
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 06:34 PM

we stayed in b&b's we found in the Town and COuntry book we got a the Dublin AIrport Tourist Office. They have a website so you can chekc them out in advance
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 03:32 PM
CU

www.premierguesthouses.com for the top class b&b
www.townandcountry.ie for the family type
www.accommodation.ie for a bargain.
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 05:40 PM

THanks for the links...will check it out.
Old Mar 21st, 2006, 07:49 AM

We're going in May, and I picked a lot of the B&Bs we've booked from Karen Brown's web site (www.karenbrown.com). I used her recommendations before and always been pleased.
Old Mar 21st, 2006, 11:29 AM

In Dingle: Heaton's. It is a guest house, pricier than a B&B but a very nice place, great hosts, location.

In Kinsale: Kilcaw House, five minutes by car outside of Kinsale next to a nice meadow.
Old Mar 21st, 2006, 01:22 PM

Dingle: Emlaugh Lodge B&B
Kinsale: Old Presbytery B&B

Both you can walk into town in a 5 min and not on noisy streets
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 06:46 AM

For Kinvara, go to Kinvara.com and look for accommodations. We've stayed at Sheila Conneely's B&B - very new, beautiful, overlooking a field with horses grazing. The first time I stayed there, a horse put his head in the kitchen window trying to get at food! I almost had a heart attack (city boy).They had to put up a barrier to keep the horses out. It's about a mile out of town. For in town, there is the Merriman Hotel, and a B&B across the street from the hotel, I believe Fallon's. Not quite as nice, but cheaper. Kinvara is a good location, about half-way between Galway City and the Cliffs of Mohr.
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 10:05 AM

I can recommend:

Doolin - Daly's House
Killarney - Applecroft House
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 10:14 AM

We stayed at the Rosearl B%B in Donegal Town. Nice people, great location, easy walking distance to the town square. Their email is: [email protected]. The Seaview in Doolin is nice and well located. We stayed the last night at the San Augustine in Swords, very comfortable and convenient to the airport.
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 01:13 PM

On the chance you find yourself in Tipperary town and just can't make it any further I recommend the Porter House, (#10 on the main drag). Renovated recently and very comfortable. We paid 65euro (75 with breakfast).
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 03:55 PM

Great links everyone. Bookmarking for upcoming trip.