B&B Mont St Michel, Dinan

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hotel Vert was recommended as being walking distance to Mont St Michel however the only place to book appears to be on their website. We have sent requests for reservations and no reply. Help, please. Any other suggestions which are just outside the island?
We are taking all the Fodorites advise of staying in Dinan rather than St Malo. Would like suggestions for a hotel or B&B.
Thanks!
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 09:00 PM

If you have a car, you might want to stay where we stayed, between St. Malo and Cancale. My trip report gives more information.
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 09:21 PM

I stayed in a B & B in Dinan. I loved the town and wish I'd have been able to stay longer.
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 10:19 PM

http://en.hotelarvordinan.com/

If you want Dinan, which is one of our favorite little towns in the region, we can recommend the Arvor Hotel. It is a former convent, the staff is most kind and they have private parking but be sure and reserve a spot as it is a very tiny gated lot.

Have you looked at Hotel St. Pierre on Mont St. Michel? That is where we stay when actually visiting the mount; some rooms have views of the top of the Abbey-beautiful.

Enjoy whatever you do!
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 03:07 AM

klondike, that place looks wonderful i Dinan. There are so many 2* gems around France. Thanks for posting. Will save it for future trip. We couldn't even drive INTO the area at all it was so jammed this summer, so it is on the next trip's list!
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 04:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hi; It seems like you have decided where to stay and Dinan is lovely. We stayed at this chateau b&b, 10 miles south of the Mont. The 'Count' was such a great guy and had many interesting stories. He takes responsibility of remembering a US soldier each year, buried in St. James cemetery, that few American's visit. There are 4410 American soldiers buried in this cemetery. We had taps played at this soldiers grave. A sobering experience. If you considered this chateau, you might even get a taste of his, home made, 20 year old after dinner drink. Enjoy the trip. Richard www.chateaudebouceel.com www.abmc.gov/cemeteries/cemeteries/br.php