B&B accomodation in Jersey

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2006, 09:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if anyone can help me plan a trip to Jersey in April of 2007.

My parents , myself and my daughter would like to spend Mon - Fri in Jersey and I would welcome suggestions as to accomodation , places to visit etc.

I think we would need to stay in a Guest House / B&B probably in St helier as we wont have transport or loads of time.

We would also like to spend one of those days in St Malo France, taking the ferry.

I've had a look at some Guest Houses on line but would welcome your feedback.

Thanks !!
Old Jun 25th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Original Poster

Anyone help ????
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 04:34 AM

I live in Jersey. It's a great place. The Tourist board will give you a list of B&B's. They are all graded so you should be bale to pick one.

Depends what you want to do - walking on the North Coast cliff paths is great; we have plenty of nice beaches but check the tide times as we have 40 ft tides.

Plenty of good restaurants - depends on your price range.

Things to see are the museums in St Helier and you should go to the 2 castles - Elizabeth and Gorey. The Germna Underground Hospital recently renmaed the War Tunnels are also worth a visit.
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 05:05 AM

Hi Aristeppas,
We are also going to Jersey - Aug.2/06 to Aug.12/06 - I'm travelling with my 3 girls (11, 14 &16) and am also looking for things to do during our visit - we are staying with friends in St. Helier - any suggestions???
thanks for all your help!
cheers,
Annie
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 05:58 AM

Hi Annie,

I also have an 11 year old daughter. In August your best bet are the beaches. Best is St Brelade's. If you're into watersport you can swim, waterski and other things in that bay.
They're probably not interested in sightseeing ! As I said in my previous message, the castles are good. There are cinemas and theatres in St Helier. In the waterfront in St Helier, there's a swimming pool with slides etc. There's surfing in St Ouen's beach.
Anything particular you're looking for ?
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 08:36 AM

Hi Aristeppus,
Thanks for the info, my girls are going to the Jersey surf school for a lesson so that should be fun - my oldest daughter is interested in the underground hospital and any other world war 1/11 stuff, while my other 2 would like to see the castles - what is the transportation system like? buses? trains? price? my kids have travelled quite a bit and don't mind the bus/train travel - how accessible are sights via public transportation? I need some suggestions for day trips and family restaurants which are reasonable priced, and the last thing is shopping - where?
thanks for your help it's very appreciated!
cheers,
Annie
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 11:52 AM

all the shopping is really in St Helier.
There are no trains ! Buses aren't bad and inexpensive. Taxis are expensive. Car hire is very reasonable.
Elizabeth Castle is a walk from St Helier. Gorey Castle is a bus. There are a number of nice retaurants in Gorey.
Jersey War Tunnels is a bus. The island as you probably know is 9 miles by 5 so travelling is not an issue.
I am always nervous of recommending restaurants as expectations of prices vary ! A lot of the surfing children go to Big Vernes on St Ouen's beach. There's normally quite a gang of teenage surfers on St Ouen's. In St Helier a popular family restaurant is La Cantina. There are numerous pizza houses and the like. You could take a walk to St Aubins (45 minutes from St Helier) as there are plenty of restaurants there and it's very pretty. For children you should get away with £ 5-10 per head. For you it depends whether you're eating lobsters or caesar salads !! Weather at the moment is very hot ! There are a number of good public tennis courts, a scuba diving school. I would sugest a walk along the North Coast and stop at a few things on the way although none of them are that memorable but the walks are pretty. You could take a day's fishing. France is a 70 minute ferry ride away - £30/head return and you could go to one of the other islands. I would suggest Sark as it is different again £30 return max.
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 03:51 PM

Try the Monterrey hotel in St. Helier, it's across the road from Howard Davis Park:

http://www.aboutjersey.net/go/jersey_hotels.html