Reload this Page >

Avoid the Hotel California!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 09:13 AM
Gordon

As the songs states, "there's plenty of room at the Hotel California". And no wonder...the place is a dump. Paper thin walls, rude staff, no protection from street noise, and antiquated facilities are just some of the wonders that await you here. A last minute tour problem forced me to check into the California for two nights-and was the lowlight of an otherwise great week in a beautiful city.

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 09:37 AM
J

and the beautiful city is.....?

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 03:36 PM
boris

<BR>Ahhh---the Hotel Californi in Calcutta---I remember it well but it wasnt as bad as you say---maybe you should try the Hotel California in Paris---4*Luxe and with good promotions packages

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 03:52 PM
Roberta

I stayed at the Hotel California in Paris and I'd say Gordon described it to a "T".

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 04:49 PM
Sue

There are 2 Hotel Californias in Paris, a 4-star on rue Berri off the Champs-Elysees, the other a 3-star on St. Germain. (2000 ff vs. 1000 ff.) I assume it's the St. Germain one. Glad I recommended the Hotel du College de France over that one to someone.

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 06:18 PM
kam

There's even a Hotel California in Palo Alto, CA. Where are you talking about????

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 06:46 PM
Art

Is this the Hotel California where you can check in but never check out? <BR>

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 08:46 PM
jwagner

And I stayed at the Hotel California in Florence. Also a dump.

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 08:50 PM
Sue

Well, Gordon...where is it?

Old Jan 28th, 2001, 04:08 AM
harzer

Aren't you thinking of the Hotel Californicator in Bangkok? Not only the staff are rude, most of the girls are too, and that wasn't street noise, it was coming from the bed in the next room. You were lucky though, you had facilities; the rest of us have to use the canal running by our window.

Old Jan 28th, 2001, 05:28 AM
Bill

Here are a few more: <BR>- Cornwall England <BR>- Berlin (looks really nice!) <BR>- Costa Rica <BR>- Palm Springs <BR>- Las Vegas <BR>- Santa Monica <BR>- One that I heard a radio report about, a hostel in Mexico, that's for sale. It's supposed to be the one the Eagles were writing about

Old Jan 28th, 2001, 05:30 AM
mimi

20 years ago there was a hotel California in Warsaw. It wasn't too bad but you had to bring your own towels, soap, a bathroom was across a dark halway without light but they gave us matches. We stay there 15 minutes

Old Jan 28th, 2001, 11:42 AM
mark

I stayed at a Hotel California in Barcelona. The room was about $30 a night - so I knew not to expect the Four Seasons. What I got was a minimally furnished clean room - the staff was extremely helpful in making dinner reservations. The walls were a bit thin and sound traveled - nothing that an ambient couldn't resolve. One of my last nights a large group of Norwegian teenagers came in late, very drunk and very obnoxious. Besdies that one incident I had a very pleasent stay at this Hitel California in Barcelona.

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 01:17 PM
Gordon

Sorry,my bad. The Hotel California in Rome.