Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

AVIGNON...AMAZING (France) dont miss it!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2017, 09:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello al Fodorists..
came back from wonderful AVIGNON.
I was enlightened and left Cannes in the morning. arrived Avignon midday and was able to do the Palais des Papes...AMAZING PLACE... it leaves YOU breathless
AND Avignon Bridge... amazing place, weather..I didn't know it was soooo beautiful.. all in that same afternoon! of June 4.

Had I been given the choice between Gordes and Arles.. now that I did both!..I would have chosen GORDES.. wonderful amazing village.. so in the end I did this

And it is better to do 2 half days than one full day to Provence..you do more... Anne was my tour guide for both half days. Left me at the hotel at 2 pm and picked me up 2.30pm

JUNE 5
Morning.. Nimes, Uzes and Pont du Gard..enough time for the 3

Afternoon.. Arles, Les Baux de Provence and Saint Paul de Mausolé ..I would have preferred more time at Baux de Provence and do the Carrières de Lumières ..which would have only taken 10 mins to at least have a glimpse ..only 10 minutes that we could have taken out of Arles...

These 2 half days on the same day you can do them with Time4Provence

June 6 morning
Gordes and ROusillon..iT started with the Lavender Museum that I would totally skip or leave for the end if there is time to do it.. and not necessary to stay for the audio!.
This one I did it with Provence-reservation

Both providers pick you up from your hotel, on a very new van for at least 9 passengers.