Autoeurope rates ??

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 05:59 PM
jody

Autoeurope rates ??

Does anyone know, do the all-inclusive Autoeurope rates include dropping off in a different city, i.e. Pick up Paris, drop off , Lille

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 06:02 PM
Sue

There's usually no drop-off charge, at least in the same country. We have never paid one, and I'm sure they'd tell you if there were.

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 05:47 AM
Jody

Thank you Sue. I found their website a little hard to navigate!Will try again.

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 07:56 AM
Ed

Jody, I think you'd serve yourself better to call AutoEurope directly if you're unable, as is likely, to find a specific answer on their website that applies to your specific itinerary plans.

AutoEurope is far more likely to have a correct answer than anyone on this Forum.

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 11:45 AM
steve

Jody,
As as side note, I have used a autoeurope two times in the past and they were the cheapest. We have another trip planned in May to Germany and I found a couple of better deals directly with budget. Autoeurope tried to beat their price but only with a smaller car.

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 12:30 PM
Jody

Thanks Ed and Steve,
I have never used Autoeurope before but it always seems to get good reviews on this forum. I am going to try calling the other agencies and see what their prices are. I too, like a larger car with automatic and I know sometimesthey ae hard to get, but I can't shift and concentrate on unfamiliar roads and signs.

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 05:33 PM
Steve

Jody,
If you are going to look at other agencies, try the internet first before calling. With the trip I just booked on the internet, I saved roughly $40 USD over calling their 800 number. When I advised the agent of the internet rate, she told me I had to book online to get the best deal.

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 05:54 PM
Jody

Thanks Steve, I'll try that.I just managed to get my husband to consent to Paris, Loire, ypres, London trip. I have a coupon from BA for an upgrade on AVis.I'll check it all out and try to get best rate. I do't care how long it tzkes, just so long as I can GO!!!!!!

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 07:18 PM
Rex

In contrast to Steve's experience, I have found the telephone agents at www.autoeurope.com to be friendly, knoweldgeable and helpful. and more than once, I have gotten a better rate over the phone that the rates advertised on their website. And I think maybe I had a similar experience with www.its-cars-hotels.com - - a much lesser known competitor of autoeurope. all things being equal, I have found the 24 hour toll-free availability of AutoEurope invaluable.

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 07:32 PM
Jody

REX< I THINK I'M IN LOVE

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 10:15 AM
Rex

Good for you, Jody.

With whom?