Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Europe board out of hand!!-I'm going to US board instead!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 05:54 AM
sandra

OKay,,,,this board has gotten waaaaaayyyyyyyy out of hand. I can't take the bickering (no pun intended) and infighting&gt; Therefore, I am going over to the now more civilized US Forum, and will take a trip to Hawaii instead of the south of France!!! <BR> <BR>How's that!!

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 05:57 AM
since you ask

How's that? Just plain silly. Why not go to Europe but just not bother reading this board?

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 06:36 AM
bashful

Sandra...I agree with you although I get way too much GOOD info to leave! Here's my take on it... <BR>I have read all these posts and hesitate to "top" any of them but really wanted to put in my 2c. I'm relatively new here but have been here long enough to read and get some exceptional info from people such as Bob, Rex and Paulo among others. I planned a trip to Disney last Oct. with my grandchildren and found the Disney message board to be incredibly helpful so was delighted to find this one to help me plan my trip to Italy this summer. I am astouned by the animosity certain people are showing to Rex and others on this board. On the Disney board there were a dozen or so "core" people who posted very often, answering questions, planning get-togethers, meetings at Disney and yes, even planning a group trip. I never saw the kind of nastiness of a personal nature directed at anyone. What is particularly disturbing to me is that so many accusations are being hurled about with absolutely no proof of wrongdoing. I keep seeing people accusing Rex for instance of kickbacks etc. but no one has proven anything - it is so sleazy to make these types of accusations anonymously. I post anonymously cause quite frankly I'm at work! and wouldn't want mail coming here. But I would have no problem registering as we had to do on the Disney board. I think it would help keep possibly a handful of people who may post the same harmful dribble over and over again under different names. <BR>

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 06:44 AM
Judy

Hi Sandra, in the past 2 weeks or so, I have been visiting the US board more frequently. That being said however, I would NEVER cancel a trip to Europe, because of the recent bout of nastiness rearing it's ugly head. <BR>I really do love Hawaii and like to comment on posts asking for some advice. <BR>I also like to have info about some US areas. <BR>BUT, I will be more careful about answering and starting posts here on the Europe board. I DO HOPE we can all start getting along better. The comradarie was the reason I made the Europe forum my touchstone. <BR>I don't understand the ugliness and the meanness,,,,,sigh, Judy ;-(

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 09:56 AM
Duke

Ouch!!! <BR>You're taking your ball and going home...er, taking your opinion over to the US board? <BR>Please...say it ain't so! <BR>Shane! Come back!

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 10:06 AM
Alexis

Hi all! <BR>I'm pretty new to this forum as the regulars may have noticed. Honestly, I think these boards are pretty nice. I'm actually a refugee from the AOL boards and 'ya wanna talk about sniping! LOL Not necessarily on the travel boards but other boards can definately be very "clique-ish". This forum does get it's share of quacks too but for the volume of postings that this forum gets, I've found most of them to be very informative and/or amusing. Hey, there's quacks on the US boards too but why let that spoil your fun! <BR>Thanks to all. <BR>Alexis <BR>

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 10:18 AM
Huh?

Sandra, if you think the Europe Board is bad, go to the U.S. Board for a while. They'll all be happy to hand you your head over there.