Search

Autoeurope

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 09:15 AM
Nancy

Autoeurope

Has anyone rented a car from Autoeurope? We have arranged to pick up rental at Rome Airport.

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 09:26 AM
todd

Yes - AutoEurope is excellent. Best rates, especially Italy where CDW and theft are required. I rented in Florence.

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 09:40 AM
Joe

Have used them for years. Cannot beat their prices even though I always try. You wind up with a major Auto Rental Company like Avis or Hertz, but arranged through Autoeurope. Their prices include everything you need, insurance, taxes, et. Excellent Company.

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 09:54 AM
Rex

Yes, I have used them a dozen times, though never picking up specifically from Rome airport. Worthwhile to ask what company they are putting you with; AutoEurope has no cars, they are a "broker" for the major companies like Avis, Hertz, Europcar, etc - - and they will usually get you a better deal than those companies will directly - - and CERTAINLY better than waiting until you get to Europe and just walking up to the counter - - the WORST way to rent a car in Europe MOST of the time. Having said that, I have twice found my best deal from an unadvertised special, written on a blackboard at a counter - - in Lisbon, and in Amsterdam. That's a reason to NEVER agree to any pre-reserved rate with a penalty for canceling - - even up the last minute. <BR> <BR>I too, have comparison shopped, and once or twice found a better deal than AutoEurope. <BR> <BR>I also recommend comparing <BR> <BR>www.its-cars-hotels.com <BR>www.kemwel.com <BR> <BR>and <BR> <BR>www.travelocity.com <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 12:02 PM
Andy

Have used AutoEurope for years--they usually use Hertz or Avis and the prices are lower than booking directly-I just used them in London 3 weeks ago and their broker was EUROPECAR-they were ok--but I prefer Hertz or Avis better. When you make your reservation with them,ask who they are using. NEVER had a problem with Hertz or Avis and DEFINITELY TAKE OUT THE SUPER CDW (it is in addition to the regular insurance on the cars) .The super CDW leaves you with a much smaller ,if any,deductable and cover you for broken window and tire damage..We took it all out!!!!

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 12:34 PM
StCirq

Just picked up what is probably my 50th AutoEurope rental car yesterday in Perigueux. I would never use another company - I tried Kemwel and Europe by Car and got a bad deal from each of them at least once - have had only good experiences with AutoEurope except for once, when the handled it so well it turned out to be a great experience! We picked up a car from them at Rome airport last summer and the only tip I can give you is, have your own map - the one they gave us was perfectly insidious. Thank God we had detailed maps of the environs of Rome with us to begin with.

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 01:46 PM
wendy

Used Autoeurope last year from Rome airport. I was a Hertz car. Could not beat their prices anywhere. They are also flexible about reducing the prices that you see on the website/or over thephone by about 10%. They debit your card right away. Excellent phone coverage.

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 04:48 PM
Brad

Autoeurope was great. You can even get away with nicks and scrapes (guess it's expected, especially if you drive in the South). Make sure you get a voucher from Autoeurope before you leave. <BR> <BR>If you're flying into Fiumicino airport in Rome you need to make the trek to the car rental places in the B terminal (make sure you're luggage has wheels). Go to the Europecar counter. They are Autoeurope's representative in Rome (or at least they were two weeks ago). <BR> <BR>Have fun.

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 04:57 PM
Jody

I had better luck with Avis direct this year , even though I have been satisfied with AutoEurope in the past. You just have to check it all out for yourself.