Search

Auto Europe

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2005, 04:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto Europe

I have been using Auto Europe for many years. They email with their specials often. I received one yesterday, and having made my arrangements with them a number of months back for my trip in another week, I decided to see how the rates might have changed. Quite a difference for the same vehicle, which is a Citroen C3 (or similar, automatic, A/C and with all the insurance coverages. It is now $906.19 US for the 2 week period. My contract was in euros, so I went back to CC and I paid US in March $668.48.
In thinking back, I believe CRX, or someone, had sent me some bargain rates and I went back to Auto Europe with the CRX price...it had to go to another department and they called me back within a couple days and met the lower price. I guess it is good to check out some of the others.
Auto Europe may give a 10% discount or something after signing up, but still would not be close to the price that I have. I'm happy!!
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 04:35 AM

It is also within a week of the rental time. What you have shown is that it saves to plan ahead. supply and demand.
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 04:44 AM
Original Poster

Good point, Gretchen..except I went back and picked a 2 week date in Nov. arrival and drop offs on a Sat..guess what, the rates were the same as for one week away..guess the rates have just increased from last Spring.
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 07:45 AM

AutoEurope was more expensive for me last spring. At best they met the CRX price, so I stayed with CRX. I had no problems whatsoever. AutoEurope did not come close to the Thrifty prices in Budapest. On the other hand, it is a known quantity and we don't seem to hear about bad experiences with it.
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Original Poster

Michael,

I felt a bit guilty about cancelling CRX when Auto Europe decided that they would match the price. Why didn't they give me the "best" price to begin with..a many times repeat customer, too! I didn't know anything about CRX was my reason for not using them.

I will be looking at more car rentals after the first of the year. If CRX is a good and reliable outfit, I will certainly consider them. It will be for Toulouse pickup/drop off.