Reload this Page >

August or March?

Search

August or March?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 1999, 06:56 PM
Nelson Einwaechter

August or March?

My wife and I are planning to visit the <BR>Netherlands, Belgium, and England. The best <BR>time for us is the second half of August, but <BR>we're afraid that it will still be very crowded with tourists. An alternative time would be the first half of March. Any advice?

Old Jan 6th, 1999, 11:06 PM
Jan

I can only speak for England but the weather in early March can be poor, winter may not have finished with us by then!! Also if you are planning to visit any of the National Trust historic houses or gardens, the majority will not be open in March, the starting date for the season is usually April.

Old Jan 7th, 1999, 05:09 AM
Myriam

I agree with Jan regarding the weather conditions in March: these are the same in Belgium and the Netherlands. Second half August will (hopefully !!) be better. As in Belgium schools are starting on September 1st (and in some parts of the Netherlands ever earlier) I don't think it will be too crowded with tourists. <BR>If you need any information, I will gladly help you out. <BR> <BR>Myriam (from Belgium) <BR>

Old Jul 4th, 1999, 01:17 PM
josh d.

i certainly recommend to choose August! I was there in March and it was cold,damp,raining,etc.. I am returning back to Brussels this time in September. Good Luck...

Old Jul 5th, 1999, 01:52 AM
Jo

Definitely August! England is busy with tourists year round - although August is probably slightly busier, I don't think it will make too much difference. I was in Netherlands and Belgium in August and it was fine. Not too crowded and the weather was pleasant. <BR>

Old Jul 6th, 1999, 06:35 AM
elvira

Unless you want to spend your days inside museums, castles and the like, you'll probably want to avoid March. The three countries you're visiting are so beautiful that it would be a shame to have to spend the entire time indoors (I actually like Europe in the winter, but I plan on visiting museums, leaving the countryside until early fall).

Old Jul 7th, 1999, 12:47 PM
koen

Hi <BR> <BR>Take August, you will have a good time. Visit Leuven, Antwerp and Brugge. Travel by train; cheap and easy. You might want to take Brussels as your hub. Train connection with Amsterdam are fast (express train every hour between Brussels and Amsterdam). Hope this helps.. <BR> <BR>Rgds <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 8th, 1999, 07:18 AM
topper

!