August in Spain

Apr 30th, 2003, 12:52 PM
Mic
Original Poster

August in Spain

My husband and I are planning a 10-day trip to Spain. Would anyone mind sharing their thoughts on the following itinerary/hotels?

Days 1 and 2 -- Madrid (Hostal Lopez or Hostal Macarena)
Day 3 -- Toledo (Hotel Abad Toledo)
Day 4 -- AVE to Cordoba; drive to Granada in the evening (Hotel America or Hotel Guadalupe in Granada)
Day 5 -- Granada
Day 6 -- Osuna (Palacio Marques de la Gomera)
Days 7 and 8 -- Arcos de la Frontera or Ronda as a base for the white towns!?!? (Any suggestions?)
Days 9 and 10 -- Sevilla (Hotel Alcantera)

Thanks!
Apr 30th, 2003, 02:24 PM
mdv

My only suggestion is to be sure your hotels are air-conditioned as it is hot, hot , hot in S. Spain in August.

I really enjoyed the America..great location, small place with a lot of personality. Once again, check about the AC
Apr 30th, 2003, 03:42 PM

Seville is gorgeous, but absolutely swelteringly hot in August. Almost unbearable. Why not spend one night in Ronda (that is all you need), and then head to Marbella for a few days of relaxing after all that schlepping, packing and unpacking, and sightseeing? Porto Banus is great for an evening stroll along the water.
Apr 30th, 2003, 04:23 PM

I leave for Spain in about a week (!) and have seen little feedback here re your hotels in my research, with the exception of those you mention for Granada. Try typing "hotel name AND city" into the text box to pull up what is here.

If you haven't already done so, search the message boards on madridman.com and multimadrid.com, which seem to have more info re hostal-type accomodations (for all of Spain.)
May 2nd, 2003, 11:12 AM
Mic
Original Poster

I am taking your advice about spending a few days at the beach under advisement. I do not want to be in tourist-ridden Costa del Sol, though. any ideas? What about Nerja?