Reload this Page >

Aug/Sept in Ireland

Search

Aug/Sept in Ireland

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 11:26 AM
Dolly

Aug/Sept in Ireland

Hi-first time travelers to Ireland, thinking of going late August and early Sept. What time is sunset there? I've read that May/June has the longest days. Also, are the flowers that I hear are so lovely there still in bloom? I realize this is a goofier question than others but really am curious. Thanks in advance to anyone that can answer!

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 07:36 AM
Siobhan

Aug/Sept is a good time but it will be the high tourist season. The sunset in late june sets closer to 10-11pm and aug sept...I never seem to notice but I knbow it is sunnier later than it would be on the US east coast. Maybe 7-8? I am sure there will be flowers out in the parks etc. There are even a few out now and its Feb...my daffodils are starting to come up!

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 10:54 AM
Bill

Dolly:<BR><BR>September is a nice time to visit Ireland. Sunset times on September 1 are 8:13 for Dublin and 8:27 for Galway (east and west). By September 15th, they are 7:39 and 7:53 respectively.<BR><BR>Here is the website for the sunset times<BR>http://www.onlineweather.com/v4/uk/sun/index.html<BR><BR>Hope this helps.<BR><BR>Bill

Old Feb 7th, 2003, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<BR>we have been in almost every month. September is my favorite....although May is lovely as well. Actually most anytime is great in Ireland
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sept. is a lovely time to holiday in Ireland, though we did find that when we travelled in mid-to-late Aug. we missed the rhodos, which can be quite spectacular in certain parts of Ireland. Also when we visited Ilnacullen (I think that's the way you spell it) Gardens just off Glengarrif, most of the spectacular perennial borders were done. We did find, however, that the crocosima and fuschia that grow in huge hedges in Mayo, particularly on Achill Island, were at their best. Another note: we were in Kinsale in late August and it was crazy, wall-to-wall people.