Reload this Page >

ATM's Zurich Airport

Search

ATM's Zurich Airport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 06:19 AM
xxx

ATM's Zurich Airport

Does anyone know if there are there ATM's in Zurich Airport that dispense Euros.

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 09:03 AM
oxo

tt

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 09:15 AM
Jeff

No, of course not.....the currency of Switzerland is still the Swiss Franc.

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 10:56 AM
Bob Brown

There is a bank on one of the lower levels of the airport. The last time I used it was in 1998 when I had to convert a traveler's check because the ATM was out of order.<BR>I seem to recall it is one level down from baggage claim, and on the same level as the shopping area and the train ticket window. <BR><BR>I don't think the ATM will be dispersing euros, but the man at the window will be happy to sell you some, at normal Swiss bank rates!!

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 01:01 PM
Jeff

but the man at the window will be happy to sell you some, at normal Swiss bank rates!!<BR><BR>As experienced travellers know, that is a no no when exchanging cash. Every time you exchange cash, you lose on the exchange. So if you wish to exchange USD into Euros in Switzerland, first you have to exchange USD to Swiss Francs and you lose on the exchange and then the Swiss Francs are exchanged into Euros and you lose again.<BR><BR>Don't do it

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 01:23 PM
oxo

Thank you all for the reply

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 06:07 PM
Bob Brown

That's why the man in the window is so happy. He just made a nice profit, at least percentage wise.<BR><BR>A little earlier I wrote up an account of a game that some of used to play while traveling. We would scout out the most expensive, least favorable to us, exchange rates for both buy and sell. Then we would calculate on paper how many round trips we could make, exchanging dollars to local currency, and local currency back to dollars, before we had shrunk $100 under $5.00 residual. There were 3 of us in the group who were econ/foreign trade students and it was a good lesson on foreign exchange shrinkage!!<BR><BR>

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 11:09 PM
Ursula

You can get Euro in Switzerland. Most ATMs at important places like airports, train stations, in larger cities deliver not only Swiss Francs but also Euro. Don't worry.<BR>You can also get them at the main train station in Zurich, at the "Change" next to the Tourist Board.<BR>