Reload this Page >

Church Concerts in Paris

Search

Church Concerts in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 09:09 AM
John

Church Concerts in Paris

Anyone have info on which churches have evening concerts or chamber music in Paris? And how do I find the schedules?

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 09:53 AM
Gretchen

Go to www.ampconcerts.com for Ste Chappelle, and other church concerts. Unfortunately you can't access future concerts right now--I've been trying for April. However you can get an idea of what the offerings are and where. When you get to Paris there will be flyers around or you can go to the tourist office, Galeries Lafayette, or FNAC to buy tickets. The concerts at Ste Chappelle are wonderful.

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Ben Haines

Many churches offer good concerts. They?re on net, in French, at <BR>http://www.pariscope.fr/cgi-o2/MusiqueHome<BR>Then you lick on ?par genre? and then ?classique?. And then I was stuick: my doftware would make the page scroll dow as it should, so I picked up 0only five churches:<BR>Eglise Saint-Roch (1er arr.)<BR>Eglise evangeliste Saint-Marcel (5&egrave;me arr.)<BR>Eglise Saint-Merri (4&egrave;me arr.)<BR>Sainte-Chapelle (1er arr.)<BR>Eglise Saint-Germain-des-Pr&eacute;s (6&egrave;me arr.)<BR>But there are plenty more. If you have the same snag please don?t worry: at any newsagent?s stall (incoluding that at your arrival airport) you can buy a euro will buy the print version of ?Pariscope?, with the full list for the week. <BR><BR>Welcome to Europe<BR><BR>Ben Haines, London<BR>

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Ben Haines

Many churches offer good concerts. They?re on net, in French, at <BR>http://www.pariscope.fr/cgi-o2/MusiqueHome<BR>Then you lick on ?par genre? and then ?classique?. And then I was stuick: my doftware would make the page scroll dow as it should, so I picked up 0only five churches:<BR>Eglise Saint-Roch (1er arr.)<BR>Eglise evangeliste Saint-Marcel (5&egrave;me arr.)<BR>Eglise Saint-Merri (4&egrave;me arr.)<BR>Sainte-Chapelle (1er arr.)<BR>Eglise Saint-Germain-des-Pr&eacute;s (6&egrave;me arr.)<BR>But there are plenty more. If you have the same snag please don?t worry: at any newsagent?s stall (incoluding that at your arrival airport) a euro will buy the print version of ?Pariscope?, with the full list for the week. <BR><BR>Welcome to Europe<BR><BR>Ben Haines, London<BR>

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 10:49 AM
Bob Brown

I would say take any of the church concerts you can find because the acoustics are incredible. Ste. Chapelle for example gives string music a richness of tone that is most rewarding to hear.<BR>Several of the others do to, but the effect of the late afternoon/early evening light on the stained glass walls of Ste. Chapelle is unreal.<BR>

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 08:11 PM
Christina

The web site quoted above (ampconcerts) is only one private musical booking agent (for a group called AMP); it's not a complete listing of concerts at Sainte Chapelle or any other church. If you know classical music well, you probably will want something else IMO. Many churches have concerts, but especially St-Julien le Pauvre, Saint Severin, the Madeleine, Saint-Eustache, Saint Germain des Pres and Saint-Sulpice, it seems to me. YOu'll find them in many, though. The best thing to do is look in the entertainment guide Pariscope once you get there, you can buy it cheaply at a news kiosk (comes out on Wednesdays). That's the publication Ben is referring to. It has complete listings of concerts, museums, films, etc. in Paris for a week. <BR><BR>Online, I think the most complete listing is on the Paris Tourist Office website, www.paris-touristoffice.com. YOu can search in the events calendar for classical music; they have many smaller and obscure concerts other sites do not.

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 11:20 PM
alex

You may wish to visit www.ticketavenue.com for a list of classical music concerts, among others. The site also offers one the opportunity to buy tickets for the listed concerts.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 04:28 AM
Gretchen

THANKS for the ticketavenue site! Finally found the info I was looking for for a friend. The tourist office site led back to AMP which is not functioning. Also no concerts for the week I am researching.