Athens Airport Shuttle

Sep 14th, 2008, 05:39 AM
Original Poster

Athens Airport Shuttle

Does the Airport Shuttle to Athens have a stop near the Divani Palace Acropolis Hotel? If so, which stop should we exit? Your help is very much appreciated. Margo
Sep 14th, 2008, 09:27 AM

The closest you can get on the Airport Express Bus #95 is the corner of Amalias and Vasilissis Olgas Streets but you'll have to keep a sharp eye out for that intersection. The end of the line is Syntagma Square, not much further. From there you can walk a mile to the hotel or take the Syntagma Metro Station Red Line Metro 2 stops to the Akropolis Station and walk the rest of the way, about 1/4 mile. You can also take a taxi from Syntagma, but beware of the taxi ripoff artists. Any other direction would be wrong.

When you get off the bus at Syntagma walk DOWN to the corner (Filellinon Street) and catch a taxi or bus #10) going to the left (it's a one-way street).

The Airport Bus leaves the airport every half-hour 24/7. The fare is 3.2 euro each. Buy your ticket at the outdoor kiosk near exit door #5.

Here's a map of Central Athens so you can orient yourself. Note "Sindagma" Square near the Parliament Building, and the "Akropolis" Metro Station and the intersection of Amalias and Vasilissis Olgas Streets near the word "Makrigiani" printed in bold blue letters at the bottom of the map.

http://www.hotelsofathens.com/images/map_of_athens.jpg

Sep 14th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Original Poster

Many thanks(again) Brotherleelove. You have been extremely helpful and I appreciate it. Margo
Sep 15th, 2008, 04:51 AM

A taxi from the airport to Syntagma Square area will be about 30-35 euros.

If you decide to take a taxi from Sytagma Square be warned. Your best bet would be to stand in the street by the McDonald's restaurant and flag one down. Many times you will have to share a cab with others going in the same direction. Try to get as close to a cab as possible and scream out where you want to go. There will be many, many people trying to catch a cab in this area.

Have fun,
Thingorjus
Sep 15th, 2008, 07:40 AM

Be very careful of taxies...we used one from Syntagma Square to our hotel and after going all over,,we ended up at our hotel for 25 euros...then later we went for a walk and found we were 4 blocks from Syntama Sguare! As I had my 78 year old mother I wasn't as careful about this..my mom now understands my hesitation to accept "help" so quickly. We used the wonderful train system to get back to the airport at the end of our visit and never had to use a taxie again. Have fun