Notices

Assisi + Spello Restaurants

Old May 10th, 2018, 04:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Assisi + Spello Restaurants

I am looking for restaurant recommendations in Assisi and Spello, and other Umbria environs since we will have a car. Not too fancy, not touristy.
Has anyone had a good experience they would like to share?
Old May 10th, 2018, 07:48 AM

Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts
Spello has a wonderful selection of restaurants. Our favorite was Porta Venere. Others I recommend are La Cantina, Il Molino, Il Pinturecchio, Osteria del Buchetto
Make sure you get a coffee and a pastry at Bar Bonci.Sit outdoors in their lovely rear garden.
Old May 10th, 2018, 08:18 AM

We've had two week-long stays in Spello; we love it there. Our favorites are Il Pinterecchio (I like the lamb, my husband likes some pork three-ways dish that they serve), Osteria de Dada (small and friendly; reservations are essential), L'Orlando Furioso for pizza, and Osteria del Bechetto. The latter has never been busy during our visits, which surprises us. But the service is very friendly and the food good.

We make a point of having a leisurely lunch at L'Alchemista in Montefalco. Beautiful food and the setting on the main piazza is wonderul on a nice day. Reservations are a must for lunch and dinner.

We had two decent meals (one lunch, one dinner) in Assis at Trattoria degli Umbri. We had fabulous pizza in Perugia at Pizzertia La Romantica Centro. Very reasonably priced, too.

If there are other towns you expect to visit, let me know and I'll try to remember where we've eaten. Honestly, we've had very few bad meals in Umbria. Bad gelato, yes, but not bad food.
Old May 10th, 2018, 01:52 PM

Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts
We spent two weeks in Spello and also loved L'Alchemista in Montefalco. There is so much good eating in this area of Umbria.
Old May 11th, 2018, 01:34 PM

We had a memorable meal at La Cantina in Spello. We were there in February - not high season but this place was hopping.