Assisi restaurant recs

May 29th, 2002, 04:16 AM
nick

Assisi restaurant recs

We are spending a day in Assisi. Would be very interested in any great choices for places to eat. We will be there on a Sunday.

May 29th, 2002, 05:34 AM
Monica

Here's information from my trip last November (see http://www.luvtotravel.homestead.com/italyrest.html)

Trattoria Pallotta
Vicolo della Volta Pinta, 3
06081, Assisi
Phone: 075-812649
Email: [email protected]
www.pallottaassisi.it
We both had their crostini di pate; I had their Tagliatelle, then the Cotoletta alla Milanese (veal cutlet); Reenie had a salad and rabbit, and dessert. ½ liter of red wine (5.000L). 79.000L/$36.88 Paid with Visa.

Ristorante Pizzeria Fontanina
Via Solitaria 14/1A
Deruta
Phone: 075-9724112
We both had the salad, which was a mixure of greens with goat cheese and pine nuts; Reenie had a 3 grilled meat dish, and I had the pasta with truffles, which was excellent! 76.000L/$35.48. Paid with Visa.

La Fortezza
Vicolo della Fortezza, 19b, Assisi
Off Piazza del Comune
Phone: 075-812-418
Email: [email protected]
Closed Thursdays
Excellent meal. Excellent service. Great atmosphere. I started with bruschetta with truffles, followed by cannilloni with chicken and pork with a bechamel sauce; porcini mushrooms in a garlic sauce; roasted lamb; baked cream with a fruit sauce (similar to raspberry); a nice bottle of red wine. Reenie had a wild boar appetizer followed by pidgeon in a wine sauce and assorted vegetables; Vin Santo with biscuits to dip into the wine. Her meal was a "menu" which totaled 40.000L plus the cover charge of 3.000L/$20.19. My total came to 70.000L/$32.86. Paid with Visa.

May 29th, 2002, 05:36 AM
Monica

oops, I see I copied a restaurant for Deruta. Good lunch anyway!

May 29th, 2002, 05:38 AM
sandi

We did find a small ristorante that was off the beaten path. We were definitely the only tourists there. It was the Ristorante Bar Anfiteatro on Via Anfiteatro Romano, 4 near the Porta Perlici. This is on the tall hill behind Santa Chiara. In this area was a tiny, ancient outdoor theatre and is now a lovely little neighborhood. I swear, I had the best Zuppo di vedure in my life. My son had penne with 4 cheeses and he ate more than I’ve ever seen. It was truly a treat. Find it if you can. (Tel 075 813 025).

May 29th, 2002, 06:59 PM
Rex

I thought that the food and service were great at the resturant of the hotel Fontabella. Also a good experience in 1999 at the restaurant for hotel Umbra.

Best wishes,

Rex

May 29th, 2002, 07:54 PM
Holly

And it's still good at the Umbra in 2002.

May 31st, 2002, 02:22 AM
Helen Donegan

Pn the way up to the hemitage (eramo) above Assisi you will see a tavola calda called "Le Carcerelle" - if you can sit outside, it is a in wonderful position and serves excellent, simple, homemade food at a very reasonable price.

Jun 1st, 2002, 07:35 PM

up