Ask your question for visiting France?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ask your questions in French or english.
I live in Burgundy , I born here .
It s free, it s just for help you.
Old Jan 16th, 2012, 11:22 AM

Welcome to Fodors! Hopefully you can provide some insights to travelers. It is always great to have people who actually live in an area.

dave
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 09:12 AM

Bonsoir voisin! Where do you live? Burgundy is quite big..
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 07:49 AM

We have tickets flying into Paris for 2 weeks mid May. We would like to spend 5 nights in Paris and then go to two other regions for 4 nights each. We love food, wine, charming villages, history and beautiful scenary, pretty much everything. Are there two other spots you can recommend that we can have a base. We are planning on possibly renting a car once we leave Paris. We have noticed many people suggest Loire Valley or Provence. What about Dorgdone(sp.)area? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your reply
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 08:09 AM

I would really split it differently--a little longer in Paris, and then one other area. It would be Provence for me.
If Provence, you might want to go there directly from CDG and do your time touring by car. Train back to Paris and finish your visit there.
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 09:14 AM

And of course it would be the Dordogne for me. Agree spend more time in Paris and pick one other region.

There are a bazillion threads about the Dordogne on this forum. You can start by clicking on my name, or Carlux, or Stu Dudley.
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 09:31 AM

Greetings,
Coincidentally I just submitted a post to the France Forum asking if anyone was familiar with a barge company called Burgundy-Canal, its barge "Wine & Water" and/or the 4 night cruise Dijon>Beaune. Thought it wouldn't hurt to ask you directly
Merci,
Diane
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 09:37 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
burgundyman----good to have you aboard. We Fodorites can put all the travel tips to good use. Every day there are new questions, so we hope you can join in with suggestions. There are so many of us that love France and we appreciate the fact that on Fodors Forums we can ask the simplest question and get an answer in a short time.
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 10:17 AM

Provence is simply beautiful and picturesque. Don't miss the stunning views of Gordes! Also the street market with lovely cheeses, olives, crafts. I loved Roussillon and its amazing ochre colours.
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 09:01 AM

We have as trip to Paris planned in September for a week. Would like to visit Versailles and do some of the tourist things but would also like to spend some time doing some of the things the locals do along with having some time to just stroll around and take it easy. Somewhat concerned about getting around and trying to speak the language. I have also read that jeans, shorts and sneakers are not what you should wear. Do you suggest a guide or just doing it ourselves. Also, what about evenings? Is it best to do the Eiffel Tower and boat rides at night? Is there anything specific we should see or not? any other tips or suggestions? Thanks
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 09:05 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
albertshermer: Instead of topping a 4 year thread (which isn't even about Paris) . . . Start a thread of your own w/ your specific questions.

Also -- there are literally thousands of more recent threads actually about visiting Paris . . .