Reload this Page >

ascott mayfair apartments in london?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 11:03 AM
dean

I will be in london this easter with my family of 6. Our travel agent has booked as at the ascott mayfair apartments. According to him we will have complimentery breakfast included in the price. I would like to know if any of you fodorites has stayed there? My wife and daughter love shopping so is it close to harrods? Is there grocery stores near by? Is it safe?

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 04:42 AM
xxx

The Ascott Mayfair is located in Mayfair, which is a long walk from Harrod's, but only one or two stops by tube. You are much closer to the boutiques of Bond Street, Selfridges, and Oxford Street.<BR><BR>The Ascot Mayfair is the top end location for a company called Ascot/Somerset. The apartments are fairly nice and there is daily maid service. No grocery stores that I know of just nearby, but they do have a service where you can tell them what you want before you arrive and the fridge will be stocked when you check in.

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 01:09 PM
IanG

Stayed as the Ascott in April 2002. Excellent location, right off the back of the Dorchester and Audley. Near Richoux tearoom (personal favorite), Hyde Park corner, Green Park. Property primarily caters to business people. Breakfast is a buffet of breads, cereals, etc. Nothing elaborate. Staff runs from charming and attentive to ice princess at the desk type. Staff is more geared towards business arrangements than concierge service. My car service did not show, so they called theirs and within 5 mins., he was there and charged me 25% less than my usual to Heathrow. Biggest drawback: No non-smoking rooms. Stench of cigarettes was apparent throughout.

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 01:10 PM
IanG

Stayed as the Ascott in April 2002. Excellent location, right off the back of the Dorchester and Audley. Near Richoux tearoom (personal favorite), Hyde Park corner, Green Park. Property primarily caters to business people. Breakfast is a buffet of breads, cereals, etc. Nothing elaborate. Staff runs from charming and attentive to ice princess at the desk type. Staff is more geared towards business arrangements than concierge service. My car service did not show, so they called theirs and within 5 mins., he was there and charged me 25% less than my usual to Heathrow. Biggest drawback: No non-smoking rooms. Stench of cigarettes was apparent throughout. Lords grocery store on AUdley is a 4 min walk. Tesco on Oxford is longer walk. Harrods too far. Go to Selfridges or Marks and Spencer (15 min walk).

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 04:18 AM
dada

I too am going to be staying at ascott mayfair this coming summer. I would like to know if it is a safe area at night for a single female.

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 05:26 PM
Barbara

If you are not sure, go get this book: &quot;How to Stay in London for Less&quot; by Diana and Ronald Jensen. This book written by an American couple details many! serviced apartments (meaning not privately owned) all around London. There are good descriptions of each property with details and a location map. It was very helpful to me as I planned by trip!!!! The Ascot Mayfair is listed in it as luxury and one of the most expensive!!!