Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Are all over seas flights non smoking? Hope so!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 07:30 AM
Jacqueline

I heard that some airlines are smoking? What is the scoop?

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 07:47 AM
Non-Smoker

Jacqueline, there is "NO SMOKING ALLOWED" on any airline, anywhere in the world! Thank God for that!<BR><BR>It's a statistical fact that "nicotine addicts" are the most "uneducated" in any society. <BR><BR>In other words, they are self-destructive "imbeciles"!

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 07:51 AM
Sjoerd

Non-smoker is wrong. There are still airlines flying in Asia, Africa, and South America that allow smoking. I believe all airlines flying between North America and Europe are now non-smoking. Aeroflot was one of the last to ban smoking.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 08:28 AM
Foreigner

Non smoker,<BR><BR>I wonder what is your mental condition, since you're so prone to call others "imbeciles" this easily....<BR><BR>Beware: angry, intolerant persons like yourself, even if they live in a healthy, non polluted environment, have such a high level of mental pollution, and unhealthy sentiments, that they are likely dying earlier with a heart attack or even cancer caused by their own poison, than if they were more tolerant toward others, and their habits.<BR>

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 08:34 AM
Minerva

Foreigner, "Non-Smoker" is a troll provocateur who has been roaming all over this board stiiring up hysteria. <BR><BR>Simply ignore him/her, no matter what your stance on smoking, please!

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 10:34 AM
Nicole

I like to Fly Iberia because it does allow smoking. I cant stand to go 7 hours without a cigarette.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Foreigner

So does Air France ( some flights) and Alitalia ( some flights, too), and other companies like Air Dubai, Olympic Airways, Singapore Airlines still have smoking flights--the tentacles have not yet reach them... However, the flights originating, or to the US, are non smoking.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 10:54 AM
anon

Well Nicole maybe you should consider shoving one of those nicotine lollipops up your ass also....

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 11:18 AM
JEFF

Luckily for all of our lungs, US law prohibits any flight flying into or out of the US from allowing smoking.<BR><BR>With the chance of fire, especially say if the oxygen masks fall down, it is clear that for safety reasons smoking should never be allowed on an airplane in flight. I'm sorry that smokers insist on polluting all of our lungs with their cancer sticks but facts are facts.....

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 11:29 AM
lisa

The last time I flew Olympic airlines (from JFK to Athens, then on to Tel Aviv) they allowed smoking in the "smoking section" at the back of the plan. The "smoking section" was packed and the people puffed away.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Nicole

DOes Olympia air still have a smoking policy? That would me fine. I hope so!! I am getting anxious just think about not being able to smoke on the AA flight I have to take next month to London . It Sucks!!!

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 11:43 AM
nonsmoking

Olympic Airways web page says:<BR><BR>From April 15, 2001 all Olympic Airways' and Olympic Aviation's flights are non smoking.<BR><BR>www.olympic-airways.gr<BR>(General Passenger Information)<BR><BR>

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 12:42 PM
puffin Patty

You're right Nicole, it Sucks! <BR>They airlines wouldn't think of depriving the non-smokers of their precious *oxygen*, but for US, no mercy!