Search

What to wear?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 05:06 AM
Ann

What to wear?

We will be travelling 4/29 to Rome; 4 days in Tuscany; 4 in Umbria; 4 Cinque Terre; then 4 Lake Como, departing 5/20. This will be our first trip to Italy and are not sure what to pack. Any suggestions, i.e., coat/tie, skirts, jackets, sweaters?

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 05:45 AM
Dayle

Hi Ann! My last trip was mid-May & we went to the same areas with the esception of Venice instead of Rome.<BR><BR>3 week trip: <BR>2 skirts<BR>2 light weight pants<BR>1 shorts (for hiking CT)<BR>7 dressier t shirts<BR>1 light weight sweater<BR>1 short rain jacket <BR>1 pr fisherman's sandals w/ good rubber soles<BR>1 pr heavier walking shoes<BR><BR>Tops hand washable & quick drying. All fit into 21" rollaboard. Weather was warm enouogh that I hardly used the sweater except on open boats around Lago Maggiore.<BR><BR>I recommend taking/buying a wide brim hat. Even if you're used to hot sunny weather, it seems really intense when you are out in it all day.<BR><BR>Your husband might want a jacket, even a tie, depending on how nice a restaurant you want for dinner, especially in Rome.<BR><BR>Have a wonderful trip!

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 06:25 AM
FashionPolice

So while your husband is nattily attired in his coat and tie, you are wearing a skirt, t shirt and sandals? Or does your husband dine alone? And bring some underwear this time.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 07:05 AM
Maggie

WWW.TRAVELSTORE.COM<BR>I've ordered from here and like that they have materials that don't wrinkle easily and can be successfully handwashed. Can be a little pricey, though.<BR><BR>I'd definitely have one nice outfit, a simple dress that will look nice with a pair of sandals and maybe a light shawl (sp?) that you can use with other things. I still like to pack 2 main colors and spice it up with some scarfs. Makes life much simplier when everything interchanges. Reduces volume too. In areas where you're going, scarves would be a wonderful momento to bring home

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Dayle's husband

&lt;&lt;bring some underwear&gt;&gt;<BR><BR>Don't give my wife ridiculous ideas.<BR><BR>and &lt;&lt;does your husband dine alone?&gt;&gt;<BR><BR>oh no, I dine just fine, thank you.<BR><BR>

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 11:48 AM
LOL

too funny<BR>

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 12:02 PM
pam

Totally green with envy here.<BR>How perfect. A 21' rollerboard (no waiting for luggage-lost, or otherwise)<BR>I admire your packing light scheme. On the other hand, I think there's something to the poster who recently wrote that she is taking 8 bags (if you include her purse).Now, she will not have to worry about whether she packed underwear.<BR>I really don't know HOW you do this. I am taking a 29' rolling bag for me alone. It is a little too big but I will have underwear in it as well as 2 outfits for restaurants and something for the opera.<BR>I'm just jealous that you can do this and feel happy with it. I'ts all sour grapes on my part. Heck, I couldn't take what you're taking just for a weekend up in the country. <BR>Green with envy<BR>

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 12:03 PM
pam

BTW...."THE" travelstore is Travelsmith. They have absolutely everything and wonderful service.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 12:50 PM
Sue

Pam, try chicos.com. You can roll up their travel wardrobe into little balls and pack a lot in a 21" carryon. I spent 10 days in Italy with a carryon because we did the trains. And I had plenty of underwear and an extra pair of shoes.