Apts @ Maes B&B in AMS

Nov 26th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Original Poster

Apts @ Maes B&B in AMS

Looking for information on the Apartments that can be rented thru Maes B&B in Amsterdam. Has anyone stayed there and able to tell me a bit about them?
Nov 28th, 2006, 05:41 AM
Original Poster

I guess no one has any information on these apartments??
Nov 28th, 2006, 05:54 AM

Hi- we just returned Sunday from a quick trip to Amsterdam and stayed at Maes, in the attic suite which is part of the B&B. We did not see any of the apartments, so unfortunately I can't comment on those specifically. But, I will say that we were very pleased with our experience there. I thought the attention to detail was excellent--little touches, such as placement of lights, storage spaces, fresh flowers in the room, etc. Also, I was a bit skeptical about what to expect from plumbing on the top floor of a 1700s house, but it was excellent. I'm guessing the apartments may be in a different building than the B&B. I'd find out what floor. The buildings have very steep staircases, and if you are on the top floor, you should probably expect slanted ceilings and creative use of spaces. Ours required some agility to get in the door at the top of a spiral staircase. Check the location, but if they are in proximity to the B&B, then (IMHO) the location is next to unbeatable--easy 10-minute walk to the train station, but in a quiet, picturesque area in the canal ring.

We found Ken and Vlad to be very responsive in the booking process. They sent us some additional pictures of the room we would be using, so I'd guess they can probably provide the same for the apartments.

Good luck!
Nov 28th, 2006, 06:16 AM

We stayed at Maes B&B in May 2006 based upon advice from this website. I cannot say enough good things about them - terffic hosts, best location, moderate price, non-smoking, clean, friendly...we loved it.

Their apartments are both on the same block as the B&B. Although I did not see them personally, I can tell you that if Vlad & Ken are running them, you will not be disappointed. Please email with any specific questions.

dwzemens AT comcast DOT net
Nov 28th, 2006, 07:25 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the info. It is reassuring to know that their B&B is well run. They have sent us pictures of the apt and it looks quite nice. The Apt is on the 2nd floor, so hopefully the stairs shouldn't present too much of a problem. Glad to hear it's in a good location.
Nov 29th, 2006, 04:41 PM

Like the others, we stayed in the B & B. Ken and Vlad are great hosts, provide great accomodations, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there in June, 2005. I would definitely return there.

Search this Thread