apt. in marais # 3

Feb 18th, 2005, 05:35 AM
Original Poster

apt. in marais # 3

Hik, My husband and I are taking our 13 yr old granddaughter to Paris at the end of June. We must stay in the Marais area and thought that a small studio apt. with a kitenette would be ideal. Has anyone used or heard of vacationinparis.com? They have a studio available but I am wary of paying in full before I actually seeing in person what I am getting. Can anyone out there help me? Thanks
Feb 18th, 2005, 05:52 AM

I have not personally rented from them, but my sister-in-law did in October. She was satisfied with the apartment. She had a small problem getting into the apartment. They did not mail her the keys, but instead had a person meet her. The person was not there at the agreed upon time. They did show up and everything else was fine. I have rented with rentparis with no problem. I am renting again thru an american apartment owner. The reason I like this is that I can pay in dollars. You can also pay in dollars with vacationinparis and use a credit card.
Feb 18th, 2005, 06:05 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. Where did your sister in law stay? I will check out rentparis....
Feb 18th, 2005, 06:45 AM

My sisterinlaw stayed at the louvre terrasse apartment ID#76. The apartment was up 5 flights with no elevator. She didn't seem to mind. It was her first trip to Paris and she really had no idea of what area to stay in. This was over near montorgueil. She did enjoy the convenience of an apartment. We always stay in the marais. That is just our idea of a trip to Paris.
Feb 18th, 2005, 06:47 AM

I have recommended before the apartment we stayed in the fall in the Marais (4th arrondissement, two blocks from St Paul metro station and 2 blocks from the Seine) www.rentalfrance.com. They manage a number of apartments in Paris, some they own themselves, some owned by others ours was the one on Rue St Paul, owned by an American. It is a two bedroom, one with two twins and one with a double, the apartment was lovely, only one floor up, and 200 Euros per night. Enjoy planning your trip!
Feb 18th, 2005, 06:50 AM

Check out www.bienvenueaparis.com/apt.bourg.htm

There have been a couple of reviews about this apartment which is on my "short list". One report here complained a bit about an extra sofa that was broken down and in the room, but an email from me to the owner got a response (I was also looking at renting it) that he wished they had notified him as it was to have been removed and hadn't been. Sure likes like a nice place for the money to me. And no six flights of stairs to climb!!
Feb 18th, 2005, 06:53 AM

Well, that didn't work when I tried the link. Try it this way:

http://bienvenueaparis.com/apt-bourg.htm
Feb 18th, 2005, 07:04 AM

We rented the Louvre Loft apartment from them in October. They mailed the keys to us about a week before. We really enjoyed the apartment and encountered no problems. Also, you get to pay with US dollars so it seems a little more economical to me. They are very nice so call them if you have concerns.
Feb 18th, 2005, 07:52 AM

I think the apartment opaldog mentioned is the one we rented last year. It is not in the middle of the Marais, but is in a nice nearby location. It is modern so you won't have exposed beams, but you will have an elevator and full size bathroom along with full size kitchen appliances. We had our 18 yo niece with us and it worked well. It is the Rue Mornay property online at http://www.paris-vacation-rental.com
Feb 18th, 2005, 09:02 AM

seamus, you are right about the apartment I mentioned. We will be heading to Paris very soon. Our dealings so far with the owner have been very good. We are looking forward to the apartment and the location. Paying in dollars makes much more sense these days.