april weather Lake como

Search

april weather Lake como

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
april weather Lake como

Any feedback on visiting Lake Como area beginning of April? Would it be too cold - do the boats run on the Lake at that time? Are the accomodations all open? Any info would be helpful.
Thanks.
Llowe
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 04:02 AM
rex

I have not been there in the spring, but I think that the season will be getting a good start on re-awakening from its off-season nap.

The website http://www.navigazionelaghi.it/ shows the current timetable for Oct 6 to March 27, and common sense tells me that this is a reduced schedule. But not reduced much. Perhaps you can tell something by the rates charged by hotels, and the dates that the appear to change.

The appeal of Lake Como is chiefly visual. It is not a natural natatorium, even in mid-summer, I don't think (that would be more the forte of Garda). It's tropical appearance probably is begining to shine, even by early April.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 04:15 AM
JonJon

The hotels that close for the season, at least some of them, re-open in the March timeframe. I've been to Menaggio in early May and it was quite pleasant...not too hot and cool at night. The millions of roses were in full bloom.
Hopefully by topping this someone who has been there earlier in the year might post a response.

Old Feb 25th, 2004, 04:28 AM

April is considered part of the low season, so that gives you an indication of weather. Some hotels and restaurants may not be open, esp as Easter is so late this year. Average temps in March are 45 F and in April 51F, so it is kind of on the cool side. You will have a good chance of rain as well, April being one of the highest rainfall months. I live in Zurich not too far north of Como and our Aprils are generally fairly wet and cool to cold, we sometimes get snow. Como is a bit more protected of course, and you may get the odd warm or even hot day.
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 04:59 PM

We were in Lake Como 4th week of March last year. It was still off season. Some of the Villas were still close and boat services were limited. But we loved it anyway. Early morning was foggy but the skies cleared up at around 10am and was such for the rest of the day. Less people also and we got to enjoy the area without feeling like we were with hordes of tourist. The place was relaxed and quite lazy. We got a good rate of 122Euro per night in the service apartment of Villa Serbelloni which I thought was a great bargain. View of the lake from our deck was gorgeous and at 122Euro you can't beat that. The main hotel was closed but apartment was open. Best thing is that during off peak you can rent it per night as oppose to the normal term of one week minimum. Temperature was comfortable...a little chilly at night.