apartments in Venice

Search

apartments in Venice

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2005, 08:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
apartments in Venice

Has anyone booked an apartment through www.veniceapartments.org?

They sent me a list very quickly but I would like to hear from experience before I book.

please help.

Old Jan 21st, 2005, 11:10 AM

Can't help you with that particular website, and I've quite honestly never heard it mentioned on Fodors. However, we used venicerentals.com summer of 2003 and were very happy.

Old Jan 21st, 2005, 11:25 PM

Hi NMac,

I just this past week booked an apartment through www.veniceapartments.org. So far they seem very responsive and organized, and they take credit cards. I got their name from a review on www.slowtrav.com: http://www.slowtrav.com/italy/review...iewnumber=1156.

Allison
Old Jan 21st, 2005, 11:30 PM

Actually, to be specific, you can secure the reservation with a credit card but the apartment must be paid for with cash upon arrival. I have been working with someone named "Mick" (full name is Michele Barison).
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 10:52 PM

I've never heard of veniceapartments.org, but I can recommend www.rentvillas.com as a useful resource for getting reviews on potential placed to stay- they post all their customer reviews (even the negative ones it seems like) and have a feature where you can contact clients privately who have stayed at the property you are interested in and ask direct questions. I have been looking for apartments in Florence and Venice for September, and have narrowed down my options based on these reviews. I'm glad to know about venicerentals.com and veniceapartments, I'll take a look.

I've been skulking around Fodors forums for a while- this is such a great resource. Thanks to everyone for all the great information and advice, it's been awesome for my last two trips, and this one coming up!
Old Jan 25th, 2006, 07:52 AM

Hello,
Just wondering if AllisonK had a good experience with veniceapartments.org. I'm about to send them my credit card information but thought I'd check around before I proceed. Any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
Old Jan 25th, 2006, 09:37 AM

I rented a studio in Dorsoduro from them last October and it was a very pleasant and easy transaction.

I would highly reccomend them.

Leonard
Old Jan 25th, 2006, 09:50 AM

Oops - posted too soon -

it was tHis apartment-

http://www.veniceapartments.org/html/erizzo.html
Old Jan 25th, 2006, 02:20 PM

I've used them in the past and was very happy. I'm leaving for Venice again tomorrow - again using veniceapartments.org. We've also booked through venicerentals.com with great success.
Old Jan 25th, 2006, 02:42 PM

I booked through them recently on the basis of recomendations here and good reviews on slowtrav.

Thus I cannot attest to their service, only report what I have read here and on that other site.

I can report back in late March.

Of course the apartment we rented may be a dump and the owners a bunch of scoundrels.

But until we actually take possession, I can say only that the apartment looks fabulous, their rates seem more than competitive, the response time to my inquiries was good, they communicate well in English and I see no red flags to date.

Old Jan 25th, 2006, 04:46 PM

We booked the Residence Corte Grimani for our upcoming stay in June. It appears to have gained favorable reviews.

Worth checking out:

http://www.cortegrimani.com/en/description.htm
Old Jan 25th, 2006, 06:12 PM

Ken, there are several of us here with reservations at the Corte Grimani for this spring/summer. I'm going in March. Sure does look nice. I'll be sure to report back on my return.

FYI, to NMac, they were very cordial and prompt in reply to my many emails. That's a good start. Tripadvisor.com has a number of very positive reviews that you might want to check out.