Apartments in Cefalu, Sicily

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am considering renting an apartment through Sicilian Realty in Cefalu. The apartment is called Casa Del Mare. I know there is a recommendation from a Fodorite on this site for an apartment in Cefalu but I can't recall who it was or for which apartment. The apartment I'm looking at is at www.cefalu.it. Any recommendations or feedback?

The other accommodations I'm considering is Ortygia Seaview Bed and Breakfast in Ortygia, IL Nido in Sorrento, and Decumani Hotel de Charme in Naples if anyone cares to provide feedback on these. Thanks!
Old Oct 13th, 2009, 03:55 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
If you put Cefalu in the search function, you will pull up multiple threads. Perhaps you can find the apartment you were interested in.

I've stayed at Il Nido (reviews will show up on the search function also). It's 10 minutes outside of Sorrento by their free shuttle bus. Great views, great breakfast and quiet.
Old Oct 13th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Original Poster

Thanks kybourbon for the feedback on Il Nido. Was the shuttle available frequently through the day? Did you find it at all frustrating to not be in the centre? Il Nido sounds great and their restaurant too but just concerned about the location above the town.

I'll try putting Cefalu in again but I didn't have any luck finding it last night. Maybe it was too late and my eyes were buggy!
Old Oct 13th, 2009, 05:22 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
The shuttle runs for several hours in the morning, but stops between 11 and 3. Il Nido is on the Sita bus line also.
http://www.ilnido.it/sorrento_hotel_shuttle.php

http://www.fodors.com/search/results...2F2009&author=

I started to go to a language school in Cefalu last year, but changed my plans. Their website lists some apartments. You can google the names if you want to contact the apartments directly.
http://www.solemar-sicilia.it/en/index.htm
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Original Poster

Thanks kybourbon. Any other takers on the Cefalu apartment question?
Old Nov 1st, 2009, 05:22 AM
Original Poster

In case anyone would like more info on this topic, I have booked a small house in Sant'Ambrogio with Sicilian Experience at www.sicilianexperience.com for next year.