Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

APARTMENT IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO IN VENICE!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 05:42 AM
tina

Rather than answering all of your postings, I thought it would be easier to tell you all that hotels do not compare to the experience you will have in an apartment at all. We will never stay in a hotel again after having tried an apartment rental with Venicerentals. <BR> <BR>You will really experience the culture and lifestyle of the people of this lively city, get to know your neighbors, have lots of space and room to roam for an occasional rainy day, often a terrace to dine out on. <BR>Best of all, you feel as though you are in Venice and you are not seeing American tourists all day in and out of your hotel. <BR> <BR>Most importantly the price was half of what the hotels were asking and we had more than triple the space!!!!!! <BR> <BR>We rented from husband and wife team, Denise (she's American) and Maurizio (Venetian), owners of VENICERENTALS.COM <BR>I cannot say enough about them! They did so much for us, much more than you would expect from any hotel concierge. They met us at the boat stop, took us to our apartment, showing us around along the way, pointing out good places to eat or shop for the best prices and gave us little tips during our 5 minute walk to our door. <BR>They showed us the apartment thoroughly and how everything worked, had more information than our guide books supplied, answered all of our questions and gave us their phone number in Venice to call them 24 hours a day if we had any problems! <BR>Just take a look at Rick Steve's web site message boards under the alternative lodging area and read all about them, they have been written up all over the place and I understand why. <BR>Good luck to you all visiting Venice, you will love it!

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 06:31 AM
kk

Tina, thanks. Now all I have to do is try to remember this advice when I go to Venice in more than a year!

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 11:55 AM
xxx

Is this a thinly disguised ad for Venicerentals? Sure seems like it.

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 12:33 PM
s.fowler

I was going to say "hey, cut Tina a break!" Until I saw that the outfit she is recommending is linked to our very own "Roman Homes" of Dr. Abate fame. So now my conclusion is that Tina may still be genuine or she may not realize that we weren't born yesterday.... anything is worth a try I guess

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 01:19 PM
Iam

I agree. This is one of those "too good to be true" situations. Everything about it smell smells of an ad. For example, please note how she always capitalizes the website address! <BR>P.S.: Does anyone recognize this Tina as a previous contributor (in the proper sense of that word) to the forum?

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 02:46 PM
xxx

If you go to the Venicerentals web site you'll notice that it reads just like Tina's post. Coincidence?

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 08:49 AM
zzz

<BR>Naughty Tina <BR>Very naughty Venice Rentals ... <BR>