apartment hotels in London

Jan 9th, 2002, 05:57 PM
susanne

apartment hotels in London

Traveling to London In March with two children and an infant. We are thinking that an apartment hotel might be better than a hotel. After perusing web sites, weve gotten responses from Astons, The Mansions, and Queensgate. I would dearly love to hear from anyone who has stayed at any of these type facilities. Any input would be helpful. we want to be near the museums and a tube stop. Chelsea? Knightsbridge? Many thanks

Jan 9th, 2002, 06:17 PM
fraust

Yes, have done it twice thru Regency Apartments[they have a website...but I do not have the link anymore]. Once on Harley St and once near Chelsea with great food store and tube stop near both. The Chelsea Apt was more $$$ but had better bath facilities and both had full good kitchens.Feel free to e-mail me if you can't find site and I'll poke around old records and find it. Good luck..I liked the Apt for the room and the caual feel but both were in very nice buildings with desk service.

Jan 9th, 2002, 09:15 PM
Surlok

Susanne,

have a look at the Chequers of Kensington. It's an apart hotel, meaning that you have studios, one and two bedrooms apartments, with a kitchenette, pantry, microwave, and daily maid services, plus frequent change of linens, and daily change of towels. They also serve breakfast, the Gloucester tube station is nearly across the street, as is a supermarket. I stayed there with my family ( daughter, son in law and grandson) two years ago. It was very convenient and we were very pleased. The Chequers is in S. Ken. at Queens gate with Cromwell Rd.

Someone from this board booked a studio for 90 pounds, if I'm not wrong using whether londontown.com or lastminute.com.

Regards,

s

Jan 10th, 2002, 04:34 AM
kitty

We stayed at the Comfort Inn and suites in the bayswater area of London and had a 3 bedroom apartment. The hotel has regular room but they also have 2 & 3 bedroom apartments with kitchen, washer/dryer, etc. The apartment was very comfortable and you don't have to rent for a whole week, rent just like a hotel room. The only complaint we had was that we could hear the people walking above us and they seemed to stay up very late and got up very early. Place was clean and safe and about a 7 minute walk to tube station.

Jan 10th, 2002, 05:56 PM
Yitz

Hi,
You may want to look at
www.goin2travel.com
www.London4rent.com