Apartment for 7 in Paris

Search

Apartment for 7 in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apartment for 7 in Paris

Haven't been able to find a good selection of apartments (preferably left bank) for reasonable price on the internet. We are 2 families with total 3 kids, so two 2-bedrooms or one 3-bedroom would work. Looking to book end of June for 4 nights and don't mind the weekly rate if it is reasonable. Ideas on specific places or websites? Best we've found so far (location and quality) is 600 Euro and I'm sticker shocked.
Thanks
Jim
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:47 AM

wow, $600/week for 7 people? Does it have indoor plumbing?
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:48 AM

make that $732
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:57 AM

If you found a decent apartment for 7 people in Paris for under 1,500 Euro a week, take it! I am amazed that you can find something for 600 Euro!
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:01 AM

What is it we arent' understanding here? When you say you don't mind a weekly rate if it is reasonable, then suggest that 600 Euro causes sticker shock, I suspect you mean that 600 euro is the daily rate, right? Frankly I've never seen a studio or one bedroom holding two people in Paris that I'd be willing to stay in for under about 1000 euro per week.
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:28 AM
Original Poster

Sorry guys - 600 Euro PER NIGHT. I'll edit the original message
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:55 AM

I'm so glad I figured that out. So you are looking for really nice places. Care to give us a sample of what you've found?
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 06:26 AM
Original Poster

Hi Patrick - glad you caught that. We're really not looking for something that nice (read expensive). The problem is we are trying to locate for 2 families in the same building or same apartment. This particular property is 2BR. The 1BR with sofa bed is 500 Euro. The quote below on location is from our Australian friends who are meeting us in Paris:

"Location is on the corner of Ave Victor Hugo and Rue de Longchamps in the Trocadero area. This was the area we stayed in in 1991. Quiet, safe, residential and within 5 mins walking distance from Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe. Great boulangeries and patisseries abound"

PS - do you know how to edit the original message? Its confusing everyone.
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 08:06 AM
jk_seattle

I've collected links to Paris apartment rental sites from friends. I've excluded the ones that seemed very expensive or required big cleaning fees, etc. All of these came with testamonials, etc. Good luck.

http://opodohome.com/

http://www.apartment-paris.com/

http://www.appartparis.com/uk/paris_rentals/

http://parissweethome.com/

http://www.vacationinparis.com/toc.htm

Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 08:49 AM

Jim, there's no way to edit your original message. It's there forever. Don't worry, most of us who post regularly have wanted to retract a message or two. It'll soon be buried.

Good luck on your apartment search.
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:16 AM

Having recently scoured the net to find a Paris apartment, I recall that a few claimed room for 8, and a couple offered multiple apartments in the same building that could booked together. With that many people, I sure would want more than one bathroom. www.parisianflat.com/stmichel.htm looks suitable
Try www.welcome2france.com for multile units in the same location

Also if you look at www.vrbo.com and select Paris/Ile de France you can sort according to the number of sleeps.
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:24 AM

Did you try ParisPerfect.com? Their website shows gorgeous 1 and 2 bedroom apartments. They all seem to be right in the 7th near Ecole Militaire and Rue Cler, so you may not be in the same building, but you would be very close to one another. (And wouldn't it be nice to be able to have a little space apart after so much travel togetherness?)

I haven't stayed with them, but they are on my list for the future. I know I have seen other posts on Fodor's about them, so do a search for reviews.

Also take a look at barclayweb.com for more possibilities. Again, I haven't used them personally, but they have some nice, big apartments listed.

Good luck!
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:54 AM

Found this on vrbo.com. Only one bathroom though. http://www.vrbo.com/19944

There are a number of others, but it's getting kind of late to book for June. Good luck.
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:04 PM

If you go to www.paris-sleeps.com right away you will find 2 places on Politechnique that would fill your needs..and they are availableat the moment..I was surprised....there is also another that sleeps 6 that is available.

This is a VERY good outfit. I rented an Ile St. Louis apt. from them..nice, nice people. I assure you..I only like nice places!!

Do not hesitate in making your reservations..wherever, as they go quickly
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:06 PM

Try parisvacationapartments.com. We used them and were very happy.
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:36 AM

There are a zillion companies and apartments that we can give you...ParisPerfect probably has some of the very best...but...you asked for specific needs..that is why I told you previously about the ones that Paris-Sleeps has..and they appeared to be available for your time periods.

I hope you find something very soon for your partcular needs.

a bientot........
Old Apr 5th, 2004, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

BINGO! Thanks to everyone. This forum is great.

After a thorough tour of sites your recommendations, we located a 3BR on Isle Saint Luis that will accomodate 7 for 535 Euro per night, roughly half the cost of our previous quote for both families.

The website is www.guestapartment.fr and the service is Guest Apartment Services. So far they are so good I'm wondering what's wrong. Anyone heard anything negative about this outfit?
Old Apr 5th, 2004, 01:05 PM

I'm glad you found a place. I looked at it..it looks quite nice.

You will love being on Ile St. Louis. I think it is a great area to stay in.

Have a wonderful trip!!
Old Apr 5th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Grace. I've been calling their references and all is checking out superlative. We can't wait.
Jim
PS - I checked another thread concerning most popular/favorite restaurants and yep, one often mentioned is right on Isle Sainte-Louis. Just keeps getting better!