Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone with experience with Paris Deluxe rentals?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there,

I am all set for my trip to Paris and found a place I want to stay in Paris through http://www.parisdeluxerentals.com

In trying to make my reservation and send a deposit through wire transfer, my bank representative made me second guess whether this is a trustworthy rental place. I've googled them multiple times and saw a couple positive reviews on Trip Advisor but was wondering if anyone here has experience with them? Thanks!
Old Apr 29th, 2011, 08:25 AM
cw

I'm not familiar with the agency but on their FAQ page, they offer the option of paying by credit card through paypal. That method of payment should be more reassuring to you.
Old Apr 29th, 2011, 08:27 AM

What did the bank person say, out of curiosity?
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 06:14 PM

topping.
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 02:22 PM

We just returned from a 10 day stay in a Paris Deluxe Apartment rental (Cherche Midi) and the apartment and agency were great. They were very helpful and the apartment was exactly as promised. It was very clean and in good shape (no photoshopped pictures). I am happy to answer any questions.
Old May 24th, 2012, 01:43 PM

We are considering that very apartment (Paris Deluxe Rentals, Apartment Cherche Midi) for our trip October 2012. We're a family of four (two kids, ages 8 and 12). Sally30, I would love your feedback on the apartment! Is it way down the Rue du Cherche Midi? Convenient to Metro, etc.? Thanks in advance--this finding an apartment business is proving very difficult.
Old May 25th, 2012, 07:42 AM

Yes, finding an apartment is a huge pain in the neck.

I thought the location was great. This apartment is sort of in the middle of Cherche Midi, right near the Bon Marche. If the kids are sick of sitting in restaurants, that is a great place to take them and everyone can pick what they want to eat. There are subway stops right nearby and you can easily get taxis in the area. There is a great market a couple of blocks away that runs 3 days a week (one of the days is organic) and some nice restaurants around. There is a boulangerie on the ground floor and a pharmacy next door. Fantastic clothing shopping along the Cherche Midi and as you get near Saint Sulplice.

it is not as close to the river as some of the other apartments we have stayed at so walking to the Louvre and other attractions right on the river takes longer. But Paris is big so you can't be close to everything.

You are also 15 minutes to the Luxembourg Gardens which kids love, even your older kids. They will probably like the nearby shopping too.

we had really planned to get a two bedroom so it felt a little small for four people but the living room has two large, comfortable sofa beds so each kid can have his/her own bed and you can just fold them up in the morning. The apartment was really very nice, clean, had all the supplies you need. the washing machine and dishwasher worked well. we were dealing with baby bottles and messy clothes so that was nice. there were plenty of linens, shower worked well, etc.

the company was very easy to deal with. the guy who showed us around was very handsome and charming too. i forget his name.

if you have any more questions, just write back and i'll answer.

ps - weather was lovely during our october trip.
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 05:00 AM

Thank you so much, Sally30! I'm so sorry I didn't see your reply and thank you sooner, but I'm happy to see it now--especially as we did indeed book that apartment, so it's good to know what to expect. I was concerned about the distance to the river (how long is the walk, do you remember?), but hope being near the Bon Marche makes up for it (we definitely get tired of restaurants).

Thanks again! Fingers crossed that we get great October weather, too.
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 12:58 PM

That apt. looks very nice! I'm keeping this info for future reference. I really liked their website and all the information on it - they sound like good people to deal with.
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 06:21 PM

A neighbor has stayed in two of Paris Deluxe Rentals' apartments (Marais Charlot and one near Place des Vosges)--she recommends them very highly (both people and apartments!). Definitely made our decision easier--it's always nice to go with a personal recommendation. I'll be sure to post our experience, too!
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 12:58 PM

It's probably close to 1 km to the river from around the Bon Marche dept store, but that wouldn't be where the middle of rue du Cherche Midi would be. BOn Marche is very near the Sevres Babylone metro stop but the middle of that street would be closer to around where the Vaneau metro stop is or where rue Ferrandi crosses it, Bon Marche is closer to the beginning of it.
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 06:10 PM

I'm looking for a rental right now for 9 nights. My friend knows someone who knows someone with an apt on rue du Colisee in the 8th in Paris and is asking $2800 for a week plus 2 additional nights at $300/night plus 55 euro for cleaning lady. Two bedrooms, 1 bath, 3rd floor of a 5 story walkup, no air conditioning, wifi and unlimited phone. How does this sound. It seems high to be but I don't know Paris prices.
Opinions???
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 09:32 PM

Hello
I am looking into the chereche midi apt for my husband, myself and our 7 year old. I would lov to her your feedback now that you have been there. What did you think of the location? I am debating between this one and another near the eiffel tower. Any comments you have would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 11:40 AM

Hello
We are family of 5 persons,planing our trip in March to Paris.
I think to reserve apartment from Paris Deluxe Rentals,apartment cherche midi.
http://www.parisdeluxerentals.com/ap...-cherche-midi/

Amla can you please tell about your experience of this apartment???
I understood that you have stayed there.