Anyone used www.appartparis.com?

Dec 28th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Original Poster

Anyone used www.appartparis.com?

Found a rental apartment on this site, but don't know anything about it. Does anyone know if it's reputable or not? Also, what is a reasonable security deposit for a one-week stay on a 1000 euro/wk apartment? I thought 800 euros seemed a little high.
Dec 28th, 2005, 01:20 PM

Wow, I think that seems high. We rented an apartment with no security deposit at all! We sent a $100 personal check for the deposit - that was it. It slept 4 and was quite large and was 1150€ for 7 nights.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34645892

http://www.slowtrav.com/italy/vr/review.asp?n=1530

Dec 28th, 2005, 01:27 PM

It seems pretty high to me, also. I can't remember exactly what I paid last time I did that, but I would think 200-300 euro would be more reasonable.
Dec 28th, 2005, 01:52 PM

well, I take that back -- I checked the terms on the last two agencies I used in Paris, and neither requires a deposit. They both took credit card imprints, though, in case of unpaid utility bills or damage, just like hotels do. I only have dealt with Parisian agencies, though (ones with an office in Paris), and not private owners.

I knew both were in business a long time and had good reputations, so I did not worry about giving them a credit card imprint. In fact, I liked it, as I could dispute something if I really had trouble.

I still think 800 euro is high. I just checked the terms on Barclayweb, an agency I have worked with (although didn't use as the one I wanted was booked), and their terms vary a lot because they are basically a broker for others. I've seen some rates on there up to one weeks' rent, which would be like yours, but the apt. I wanted on there only had a 200 euro security deposit in total and it rented for about 1000 euro a week (I was staying two weeks). Some places on there charge a percentage of the rent (like 1/3) which seems unfair to me as you'd pay a lot more if you stayed a month.
Dec 28th, 2005, 02:09 PM

I'm sorry lowrancs - I just realized that the info I posted was for our Rome apartment!!!

We paid a 420€ deposit on our 1400€ apartment in Paris. The balance was supposed to have been paid in full 30 days prior to our arrival (actually I forgot and paid when we got there). He also took a 1000€ security deposit which he returned to us not cashed.

It was an OK apartment, in a good location. It was a two bedroom.

Here is the review:

http://www.slowtrav.com/france/vr/review.asp?n=1637

I believe renting an aprtment in Paris is more costly than Rome. Sorry for the bad information I gave you previously.

Search this Thread