Anyone used RyanAir for car rental?

Apr 11th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

Anyone used RyanAir for car rental?

Ryanair.com seems have inexpensive car rental provided through Hertz at the (secondary) airports it flies.

Has anyone used it? I wish someone can comment on the car inventory, services, extra fees if any. I am looking to rent a car in July inside Italy (pick up at Rome and return it Milan airport).

Thanks.

Apr 12th, 2007, 01:31 AM

Yes, I used them recently for a 2 day rental in London - picked up and dropped off in Gatwick. There were no additional fees other than what I agreed to pay on the website - I simply had to return the car with a full tank - as is standard with rental car. The car we chose was the most basic model as we only had a short journey but you could purchase optional extras like Sat Nav.
Apr 12th, 2007, 02:01 AM

I've booked through the RyanAir hertz link a few times and its fine. You dont have to pay anything over and above what you pay up front unless you decide to upgrade or take additional collision damage cover. A good tip is to book the lowest rate or smallest car - they normally dont have any and upgrade you to the next size anyway. I hired from Rome Ciampani and it was fine. You have a 5 minute walk to the rental park, but its very handy and easy to get right into the centre of Rome. Suggest you get a Fiat Punto Grande - loads of room and low price.
Apr 12th, 2007, 03:57 AM

Yes, that's true - we booked the smallest (category A) car, and there were none available so we got a B car instead.
Apr 12th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

cailin and dublinborn,

Thank you very much for the replies and the saving tip. Ryan sounds like a fine choice.

My problem of using the tip is that I have not driven manual for 6 years (did that three years ago) and my party has 4 persons (2 adults and 2 young teens). Is it hard to switch back to manual?

Apr 12th, 2007, 08:28 AM

sorry, can't help you with that one - I've grown up with a manual and have only driven automatics when visiting the USA and Australia!