Anyone us Laundromats in Rome?

Mar 22nd, 2002, 03:56 PM
Anna

Anyone us Laundromats in Rome?

We need to wash our clothes in Rome, and I read many posters who said they dropped there clothes off and the workers did their laundry for them - do any of you remember the name of these places and if so, would you recommened them?

I came across a place in a travel book called "Splash Net" which is a internet cafe/laundromat, but since it was near Termini and the Roman College, I was a little worried about the safety of this place - has anyone washed clothes here?

Thanks!

Mar 22nd, 2002, 04:13 PM
Sue

Hi,

Last summer we were in Rome and used a drop off laundry. It was fine. The one we used was near the Termini. There are serveral near there. The area was fine and so was the service. I do not know the name of the laundry, but it was on Via Palestro.

Mar 22nd, 2002, 04:28 PM
Anna

Topping for more help!

Mar 22nd, 2002, 04:57 PM
Anna

topping

Mar 22nd, 2002, 06:57 PM
xxx

Anna

Had heard about the laundromat near Termini, but it wasn't anywhere near our hotel. We found a good one (self-serve) not far from the Vatican that was open 24/7. Our hotel didn't even know about it. I'll try to find the exact location for you. Stay tuned.

Mar 22nd, 2002, 07:30 PM
xxx

Anna

Amazing! The Rome map was at the top of the pile. The laundromat is Onda Blu at Via Vespasiano, 50. It's just north of the Vatican. We walked it from our hotel near the Pantheon, but it's a long walk! There's a coop supermarket en route if you need to pick something up.

Mar 22nd, 2002, 09:27 PM
Anna

xxx,

Thanks for looking up the info, but we are staying in San Lorenzo which is near to the Roman College, which is close to Termini - anyone use a laundromat near there?

Mar 23rd, 2002, 12:28 PM
Anna

topping

Mar 23rd, 2002, 02:11 PM
xxx

Anna, our hotel mentioned that there is at least one laundromat near Termini, which I understand is near the university. Ask at your hotel when you arrive in Rome.