Anyone tried these Parisian restaurants?

Old Aug 8th, 1999, 01:09 PM
Bev

Anyone tried these Parisian restaurants?

Has anyone eaten in: l'Epi Dupin, La Castafiore, Chantairelle, Chez Maitre Paul, Bouillon Racine, l'Os a la Bouche, la Bastide d'Odeon, or au Gourmet de l'Ile? Would appreciate any recommendations.

Old Aug 8th, 1999, 02:33 PM
Kathy

Bev, we had dinner twice at la Bastide d'Odeon in early May and thought it was excellent and, considering it's in Paris, good value for money. There are two dining rooms, one upstairs and the other downstairs. The upstairs is a bit quieter in that you miss a lot of the hustle and bustle, but they were both nice. The escargot pasta dish is outstanding! Walked by Chez Maitre Paul, and it looked nice as well--they are only a block apart.

Old Aug 8th, 1999, 03:43 PM
anne

l'O a la Bouche is one of our favorites. Creative and delicious cuisine, warm and friendly service, lovely decor, and great prices to top it all off!

Old Aug 9th, 1999, 02:29 AM
francesca

L'O a la Bouche is a good bet, they just moved down the street though, closer to the Montparnasse tower across from where they were. Bastide Odeon is a wonderful and pretty restaurant. I haven't been to the others, though Epi Dupin and Chantairelle have been on my to-do list forever...Patricia Wells recently reviewed Le Bouillon Racine, which is very beautiful. Check out her review at www.iht.com. --you will also find reviews of l'O a la Bouche and many other good places besides.

Old Aug 9th, 1999, 10:44 AM
Bev

Thanks very much for the above three replies. I need restaurants for six nights and I think I've now got 4 excellent possibilities. As long as I can get reservations! I'm sending this back to the top in case anyone else can add to the recommendations.