Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone tried Restaurant La-Rose-de-France in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 11:03 AM
lisa

It's at 24 Place Dauphine. We're looking for a casual, moderately-priced place where we can dine outdoors after our Vedettes de Pont Neuf boat ride on the Seine, and this place seems to fit the bill. Has anyone been here & how's the food?

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 05:44 PM
Sue

Where did you find out about it? We went years ago, I'm sure based on some guidebook's recommendation, and thoroughly enjoyed it and the food and remembered it fondly; it was moderately priced or we wouldn't have gone there. We loved the place Dauphine! However, it was years ago... so maybe you'll find some more up-to-date recommends.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 08:01 AM
lisa

Thanks Sue. I can't remember which book I saw it in -- either Great Eats Paris, Bistros of Paris, Frommers, or Patricia Wells.<BR><BR>Anyone else been there more recently?

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 06:36 AM
topping

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 07:45 AM
Violet

Thanks for the tip - we happen to be staying in the place Dauphine at the end of May and will check out this restaurant. I kmow there is a restaurant on the street facing the Seine - the name has to do with truck drivers. My friend stays in the Place every other year and raves about the truck drivers restaurant - unfortunately, she can never remember the name of the restaurant.