Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

anyone stayed at these hotels in Madrid...

Old Dec 30th, 1999, 03:02 AM
Pete

has anyone stayed at these hotels in Madrid: Macarena, Gonzalo, Olga, <BR>Lopez, Motalvo, Ingles, Perla Asturiana...? please let me know how they rated for <BR>comfort, charm, value, clean, friendly, noisy or quiet, etc. thanks

Old Dec 30th, 1999, 09:10 AM
kathy

<BR>I wasat ingles in november. it wasn't very nice. I choose if from the foders guide. I was very unhappy. clean, no charm location is ok, but you can do much better for the money.

Old Dec 30th, 1999, 09:13 AM
kathy

<BR>I also stayed later in nov at Perla Asturiana. It is clean, gray, location is ok. cheep cheep really a dump, but if you arn't going to spend time in hotel and want a $35.00 room its ok. You really get what you pay for. no one in the place speeks any English. It is a dark gloomy place, but really a safe. Bathroom is fine, no shampoo or lotion, towells are dryed in the room next to the lobby and they are stiff.

Old Dec 30th, 1999, 12:04 PM
Maribel

Agree with Kathy regarding the Inlges. Functional and clean but no charm and not particularly friendly or a great value. <BR>My favorite budget choice (IMO the very best budget option in all of Madrid) is the friendly, immaculate and perfectly located Hotel Mora. If you'll do a text search, you'll find it gets rave reviews from many Fodorites. Exceptional value!

Old Jan 2nd, 2000, 11:40 AM
Shari

I have stayed at Hotel Ingles a couple of times, and several of my family members have also. I saw the other post re: Ingles and have to say I feel exactly opposite. Staff is a little, er, terse, but I've found the same in other Madrid hotels. I like Ingles b/c it's inexpensive, clean, rooms are good-sized and the location is great. But make sure you ask for a room NOT along the Calle Echegary side -- too loud.