Anyone going to Sarlat ... ?

Old Sep 13th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone going to Sarlat ... ?

If you are, you will be in one of France's most beautiful towns. I just left there after six days (I go there frequently) and already miss it.

If you'll be there soon, I am begging a favor – I left a beloved hat (a Tilly) at the Villa des Consuls hotel. This is a lovely place and I commend it to you. I am hoping you can retrieve the hat and mail it to me once you are back in the States.

If you will email me (gnevin at gmail.com) I will send you a prepaid envelope for the hat.

Have a wonderful time in the Dordogne, you lucky soul!

George
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 01:57 AM

Heck, George, we just left St-Cirq yesterday - wish we'd known you were there! Call the Villa - they'll probably mail it to you - everyone is SO accommodating in that neck of the woods.
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Wow, St. Cirq, that's amazing. I certainly would have called had I known. I should check with you every time I go.

You are probably right, David would send the hat if I asked, but I wanted to try this way first.

It was not my favorite trip to Dordogne -- too bloody hot! Am in Austria now -- much nicer.
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 09:51 AM

OMG, it was hot as blazes (!) except for the last day when it rained overnight.

Do you remember my neighbor, Madame Lacoste? I could ask her to see if she can get it mailed back to you, but she just had surgery and can't drive herself to Sarlat at the moment.

We're in La Rochelle at the moment, and it's perfectly lovely here - warm and sunny during the day and chilly enough at night to sleep really well.

Are you doing tours in Austria these days?
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Original Poster

I am indeed doing Austria, for the first time. It is so lovely here in the Alps. We visited Kristallwelt today, an excess of Swarovski if there ever was one. Everybody loved it.

We're in the lovely town of Hall, and from here go to Zell am See, St. Wolfgang, the Danube valley and Durnstein, and Vienna.

Don't worry about the hat – David at the Villa des Consuls will send it to me. I thought I would save him the bother, but it appears not meant to be.

Sorry we missed you.