Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Any suggestions for an unforgettable anniversary dinner in Paris late Sept.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 12:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's our first trip to Paris and we will be spending our 20th anniversary in the city of lights and are total newbies with restaurants in Paris. Looking for an unforgettable anniversary dinner.
While price is not too restrictive we don't want it to cost half of our trip either.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 12:28 PM

A superb lunch at a Michelin place would be better , price wise. You might try Jules Verne, Les Ombres, of Ciel de Paris in the Mont parnassee tower . Plan on at least 200 Euro for lunch.

I prefer somewhere smaller and less pricy. I've spent several birthday and anniversary celebrations at Le Pamphlet and Le Reminet...cost around 100 Euro
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 12:49 PM

The three Avalon mentions are ones the include the view! I've heard you have to book way ahead of time for these locations (at least the first two), so be aware of that. Lunch would be much cheaper (but not cheap) than dinner. Another place would be the Tour D'Argent with its views of Seine and Notre Dame.

Some non-Michelin might give you more bang for your buck. There are a few nice ones on the Left Bank, across from Notre Dame (Les Bouquinistes is one tha tcomes to mind).
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 12:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
It may not be Michelin starred or top gourmet, but last Sept. we had my 65th birthday dinner at www.le-train-bleu.com at the Gare Lyon train station and it was fabulous. Thanks again to all the Fodorites who suggested it.

We had a wonderful salad and then filet with bernaise sauce(one of my favorites.) MDH stopped in a few days before and arranged a gorgeous chocolate birthday torte for dessert. With a couple of glasses of wine I think it was around 150 euros---which was the most we spent on dinner. The special torte was what got the price up there.

The architecture of the room is stunning.

Another place we liked was www.bofingerParis.com
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 01:02 PM
ira

Hi Ont,

Would you mind telling us your budget?

Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 01:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I also have to agree with Michael_Paris on www.Tourdargent.com The view of The Seine & Notre Dame is outstanding. It is very,very pricy though.
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 07:58 PM
Original Poster

We were thinking in the 200 Euro range. You only get one 20th anniversary in Paris