Any suggestion for great restaurant in Capri for lunch

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have decided to take a trip to Capri for a day from Positano. We plan on going to the Blue Grotto first thing (if open) then off to Anacapri to visit Monte Solaro and Villa San Michele and then back to Capri to visit the Piazza, Natural Arch, area to view Faraglioni etc...Can anyone give me restaurant recommendation for a restaurant in Anacapri as well as Capri. Not sure what area we will be in during lunch. Interesting enough we are going to be in the area when the Rolex Capri Sailing week. So maybe a suggestion for a restaurant for either lunch or to grap a coffee with a great view might be nice.

Any other tips for our time spent in Capri is also welcomed. Thank you!!
Old May 12th, 2011, 07:36 PM

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
Ristorante Pizzeria Aurora - Wolfgang Puck recommends and so do I
Da Paolino - Wolfgang Puck recommends the antipasto buffet. Set under the lemon trees.
Villa Verde - my dentist recommends - restaurant/pizzeria... knowing him and his wife, it's very nice! I think my dental bills alone paid for their new huge home kitchen!

Enjoy!
Old May 17th, 2011, 08:57 AM

KSLS-
I just noticed you are new to Fodors....I am newer than you. I will be going to Rome and Positano end of June for the first time. Would love to hear how your trip goes. would you mind sending me an update when you get back??
where are you staying in Positano and Rome? We are staying at Villa Rosa and in Rome staying at Sofitel Borghese.did you decide how you will travel from Rom to Positano?
This all gets so confusing! But I was so glad when I saw you on here. You feel bad for asking so many questions....but you were right in one of your threads about things being out of date. I don't feel like I can trust restaurant reviews from 2004.
Have a great day! Look forward to hearing from you! FYI I live in Charleston, SC.
Old May 17th, 2011, 09:02 AM

We had a great lunch last year at the Quisiana:

http://www.quisisana.com/
Old May 17th, 2011, 09:26 AM

Some less pricey options.....Le Arcate up in Anacapri (has outdoor terrace) and Da Gemma in Capri (lovely view and wonderful antipasta table). I used to like Pizzeria Aurora but it has become a beautiful people hangout and IMO overpriced - you can get very good food elwewhere for much less. Da Paolino also very pricey - there are other venues to eat in a lemon grove for less. But hey - your budget may be higher than mine!
Old May 22nd, 2011, 09:21 AM

I would like to know...are all the restaurants in Capri open in June?