Any single men out there?

Aug 20th, 2001, 08:36 AM
Surlok

Any single men out there?

Sorry, folks. I guess I was responsible for making this thread disappear from the forum.

I was trying to answer J ([email protected]) in Portuguese, and I used some stresses, or accent marks that I suspect got Fodors forum software crazy. It didn't understand Portuguese graphics, so the thread disappeared.

J (ose?..oao?..oaquim?)

E um prazer falar com voces todos, seja em Portugues ou Ingles, mas eu temo que nao se possa usar acentos aqui neste forum, e tambem nao e muito elegante escrever numa lingua que poucos entendem, nao e?

To all of you, English speaking Fodors' members, I was just saying hello and answering J message in Portuguese.

Surlok

Aug 20th, 2001, 08:53 AM
j

Surlok

You are a public danger. How did you manage to erase a whole thread?

J(oão)

Aug 20th, 2001, 09:05 AM
bejeca

olá surlok, tudo bem.
Posso até concordar contigo que não é por ai elegante falar em português onde toda a gente fala em Inglês, mas há excepções;
1º quando estão duas pessoas em lados opostos do atlântico.
2º quando nos apetece dizer mal dos americanos, e de como eles se vestem mal
3º quando nos apetecer.

Aug 20th, 2001, 09:48 AM
Art

Yes.

Aug 20th, 2001, 10:04 AM
Surlok

Olá João,

E eu sei lá? Como é que vocês podem usar acentos e eu, não, hein? Será por causa do meu Mac? Vai lá saber...

Bejeca,

Eu prefiro falar mal dos Americanos na língua deles mesmo, que é pra eles tomarem conhecimento de que o país deles não é o umbigo do mundo, e aprenderem a ser mais democráticos e respeitar as diferenças.

Now, back to the English language. How nice to meet Portuguese speaking fellows in this forum!

And, again, since the other thread disappeared, I'm not a "he", I'm a "she". ;-)

Surlok

Aug 20th, 2001, 10:45 AM
bejeca

surlok !!!! fica já aqui combinado !!! quando vieres a lisboa ( porque li noutra mensagem que és brasileira )....pago-te um cafézinho...e aí de tí se não disseres nada aqui à malta que vens cá...tás feita...vamos atrás de tí até ao brasil

Aug 20th, 2001, 10:49 AM
Surlok

Combinado, Bejeca.

Por que não fazemos as duas coisas? Vou visitar Lisboa, e me pagas um café, e vens me visitar no Rio e te pago uma caipirinha. Está bem assim?

Surlok

Aug 20th, 2001, 11:24 AM
j

Posso-me associar?

Aug 20th, 2001, 04:39 PM
OhThanks

Thanks Surlok for butting into a good thread and getting it bumped off. And now we're just left with a bunch of personal messages in a foreign language. Ever thought of starting your own post rather than interfere with others?

Just in case - I'm a 40 year old woman living in Colorado. Love to travel and try new places.

Aug 20th, 2001, 04:59 PM
nancy

Art has answered to both postings a "yes" !!

He seems to be a very intelligent
[except for his spelling ]
well traveled nice guy, who always has great things to add to the forum.
I bet he is fun to travel with , too!
Some of you have met him at a Fodor GTG.
Anything to add?

Art,
Hope you don't mind me bringing you up?
Going to germany soon, yes?

Aug 20th, 2001, 06:08 PM
ToOhThanks

Ditto! Surlok destroys a thread that probably was important to some, then starts her own (manipulative characteristic).

Surlok: Start your own thread, with your name, looking for single men. Don't copy and act like you are helping/apologizing.

By the way, I am not looking, quite happily married, but am looking out for my kind fellow travelers.

Aug 20th, 2001, 06:58 PM
Renee

Surlock, thanks for fessing up to messing up. This is the second time this thread has disappeared. Original was started by Sarah a couple of nights ago and mysteriously vanished as well - did you have something to do with that deletion too?

I'm beginning to think this posting is simply not meant to be

Aug 20th, 2001, 07:55 PM
Surlok

To all of you angry gals,

Being this bitter, you're likely NOT meeting anyone
interesting..

Keep your poisoning to yourselves.. I surely don't want it..

Surlok

Aug 20th, 2001, 09:10 PM
xxx

Surlok jumps on someone else's thread gets it deleted, takes over the topic and turns it into his own and then has the nerve to complain about the outcome. Oh pleassseee!

Aug 20th, 2001, 09:22 PM
Surlok

xxx, whoever you are:

First: I didn't get the thread deleted.. Fodors sofware did it.. and it didn't happen just once_ it has happened often.

Second: people on this thread were wondering about me, and speculating about my gender. So, I felt that it was fair to let them know that I'm a woman.

Third: I'm fed up with people like you, that instead of discussing about travel issues, use this forum to complain and judge others.

Enough said..

Surlok

Aug 20th, 2001, 09:24 PM
itsme

Surlok is becoming a public menace in this board.
I wasn't going to post, but, then after messing up this thread he's the one that gets pissed-off.

Aug 21st, 2001, 12:52 AM
giveusbreak

Surlok,
If you did not like the thread, you did not have to read it. I think you told Fodors editors to erase the thread just beacuse people were speculating about your gender.
If you want to start a love connection in Portuguese start your own thread with your own thread (nothing wrong with that). Why do you have to mess other people's thread up. I read in another thread that you thought the Any single men out there thread was nasty, that is why I know you made it go!

You have to have control over everything and now poeple are stuck with a boring thread where you are speking Portuguese. That is not fair!

Aug 21st, 2001, 02:43 PM
guesswho

Aha, I finally found this thread, again. Topping.

Aug 21st, 2001, 02:55 PM
Christina

huh -- I guess anything can happen but I could see how funny characters could make your own post disappear or not appear, but not an existing thread. Surlok as said several times she is a woman, including rather personal remarks on things I won't go into. However, if she wants to write to a specific person in Portuguese and they want to respond, why don't they just correspond in private and not on this board? Am I missing something? Love the bitter remark and comments on why they are not getting all the guys you are, why not accuse them of being dykes while you're at it?

Aug 21st, 2001, 03:02 PM
grasshopper

I think Surlok's postings on this board in general have been among the best and most useful so I think you ought to cut her some slak! Obviously she didn't make the thread go away. Maybe Fodor, in his infinite wisdom thought the thread was inappropriate for a travel board (although that seems unlikely) Maybe it just went away for some unexplained computer reason. I do think the Portuguese posts are a tad rude (like friends talking in front of you in a language you don't understand) but given her track record I am willing to forgive her.

So how about giving it a rest?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO