Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Any nice medium budget (80-120 E.)in Naples

Sep 18th, 2003, 08:09 AM
Original Poster

Any suggestions for a nice clean with private bathroms hotel in Naples between 80-120 E.?We're going to be there the 24-25 of september.Thanks!
Sep 18th, 2003, 08:33 AM

Hotel Pinto Storey on Piazza Amadeo. Very nice hotel in a good neighborhood. Metro and funiclare are right at hand, as is shopping area Via Chiaia. About 120E including breakfast.
Sep 18th, 2003, 08:37 AM

Albergo Sansevero gets good reviews. It is listed here on fodors.com under hotels. I haven't stayed there yet myself, but that's where I'm thinking of staying when we go to Naples next year.
Sep 20th, 2003, 12:20 AM

I was just in Napoli for 9 days in August and stayed at a fantastic little hotel, LE FONTANE AL MARE, Via Niccolo Tommaseo, 14 (011-39-081-764-3470). It was a referral from the "TimeOut: Naples" guidebook and is an amazing value and terrific find -- I will stay there again upon my return. It is located on the waterfront in the "Chiaia" district along the Bay of Naples. It is adjacent to the Villa Communale and within 15 minutes' walking distance to the Stazione Marittima, Piazza Municipio, etc. They have wonderful seafront rooms with balconies - my double (bathroom across hall) was only 60 euros a night, including an ample breakfast! My friends (a family of 3) stayed in their largest room/suite with bathroom and only paid 100 euros. Breakfast is included with all the rates quoted.

From the Napoli airport, a taxi ride to the hotel costs 18-20 euros. If coming from the port area (Stazione Marittima) take bus # 1 to Piazza Vittoria (next to Villa Communale) and walk the 2 short blocks to hotel.

P.S. The restaurant next door, Zi Carmela Ristorante, serves up the best margherita pizza around at only 5 euro per pizza -- not to mention delicious pasta too!
Sep 20th, 2003, 08:59 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for all the invaluable information!Happy travels!!!
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:24 PM
Original Poster

Sorry Huitres,and thanks so much for the info but we had a not very pleasant experince at the hotel you recomemded.We were just passing by Naples and had to visit elderly family in Bagnoli and all we needed was a place to sleep with a private bathroom so we stayed Le Fontane Al Mare as you reccomended.The buiding was run down and we had to pay to use the elevator(don't know if it's standard in Naples for what I observed)The location wasn't bad and the only reason we stayed there was that we were in a hurry and I was burned out since nobody else from the group spoke italian but me.The rooms were clean but everything was so old it looked dirty and the balcony looked like it was falling apart-dangerous-(we were calling it "The Shining Hotel")The hotel was in the 5th floor of this very creepy building.It was only 90 euros or so and we were there just to sleep.We are not used to stay in this type of accomodations so we didn't feel very comfortable there.At the time all I cared was if it was clean and the bed had clean sheets.It was a 2 star but it looked more like a hostal.There were pieces of wood and doors in some corners of the place.Couldn't have breakfast because the lady that takes care of it got there late and we had to go.I guess it would be a good place for students or backpackers.I wish we would have done more research and stayed somewhere else.I also wish I could erase the whole experience from my memory bank.
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:13 AM

I don't recommend Albergo Sansevero. Although it is part of a group of hotels and perhaps the others are better. My room was extremely smelly. A cross between urine and chemicals. It was not clean, the furniture not in very good condition, and you had to use a key to get OUT of the hotel. On the other hand, it was cheap, 55 euros and was fine for just one night.
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:25 AM

Eek! Maybe there AREN'T any nice clean hotels in Naples for 80-120 Euros?
I'm really sorry to hear that about the Sansevero It looks so nice and clean on their website, and I've read some positive reviews, but I don't think I could stomache a urine-chemical smell.
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:19 AM

I spent 2 nights at the Pinto Storey. My room was clean, but the walls were very thin. I could hear everything in the room next door. This is a nice place to stay if you are a sound sleeper.