ANY INFO PLEASE

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 07:23 AM
Linda

ANY INFO PLEASE

I AM GOING WITH MY GRANDDAUGHTER TO PARIS MARCH 29 THRU APRIL 6 WITH HER SCHOOL TRIP WE ARE BOOKED AT THE HOTEL MERCURE RONCERAY I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO EUROPE BEFORE AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT, NOR DO I SPEAK FRENCH CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THEY KNOW IF THE HOTEL IS IN A GOOD AREA AND WHERE I CAN FIND A MAP (WITH BIG PRINT) TO SEE THE STREET NAMES

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 07:34 AM
Mr XxX

Linda - two suggestions to help you use this board.

1- If you want a lot of people to read your question, give it a better title. "Any infor please" could be about anywhere in the world. Clicking on France does nothing except allow someone to search. something like "Hotel Mercure Ronceray and othe Paris questions". Then everyone who knows about Paris will read it.

2- take off your CAPS LOCK. All Caps is considered rude (Screaming) and some people won't read messages in all caps.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 07:37 AM
elaine

Hi Linda
Try not to use all capital letters--it's harder to read and comes across like shouting.

There are a couple of comments on this hotel at www.paris.org, click on Hotels.
It will also show you a map.
You can get info and perhaps see some photos on www.hotelboulevard.com; also use www.pagesjaunes.fr to view the exterior of the hotel by entering the address.
I can see that it's quite near a Metro (subway) stop.
It is in the 9th arrondissement (district), about a ten minute walk to the Opera Garnier. The neighborhood is mostly ok, but I don't know that specific block and some parts of Montmartre are a bit sleazy; however, this hotel area should be fine.

I have a long file on Paris which may help you; if you'd like to see it, email me.
Don't worry about Paris; you don't need to speak French to be treated well and have a great time. You might want to get some cassette tapes just to be able to say "Good Day", "Please" and "Thank you." Have a great time.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 07:46 AM
x

Hey give the lady a break. She said she was looking for a map with big print. Maybe the capital letters is the only way she can see the screen.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 07:47 AM
Ursula

Linda: The Hotel Mercure Paris Ronceray Opera is located at 10, Blvd. Montmartre, in the 9th arr. Metro stop: Grands Boulevards. It's a *** with some 130 rooms. The hotel will certainly provide you with a map and you can expect at least some of the staff will speak English. Don't forget to bring your glasses along for the map. The area is ok, not far from the Opera and the large department stores such as Galeries Lafayette and Printemps.
You can find a lot of very useful information here on this board and on different pages such as:
www.paris.org
www.paris-touristoffice.com

The hotel's page is at
www.mercureparis.com (under construction)
I suggest you do some homework to know at least what you would like to see or is everything already organized by your daughter's school?
I am sure you will have a great time.
Just don't worry too much.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 09:25 AM
Julie

For map reading I suggest you invest in a magnifying glass. The one I use is actually a plastic bookmark that I got at Barnes and Noble. It takes almost no room (it literally is a book mark, that thin) and it works like a charm. Enjoy your trip to Paris. It should be special to see it with your grandaughter and her friends.

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 07:38 AM
Linda

I am sorry about the caps I didn't realize that I wasn't suppose to have them on.
I do appreciate all the helpful advise you all have given me
thnak you
Linda

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 09:19 PM
ttt

to the top