Any info on Hotel Grenelle - Paris?

Mar 12th, 2002, 06:28 PM
mike

Any info on Hotel Grenelle - Paris?

We're planning a trip to Paris and have been suggested Hotel Grenelle (boul. Grenelle) as an appropriate place to lodge. I can't find any significant info on this estab. and wonder if anyone out there can provide any info. Thanks in advance.

Mar 12th, 2002, 06:48 PM
c

rue de Grennelle?
On the Left Bank?
The street is nice, full of shops and great shoe stores.I do not remember any hotels while walking there.Try
www.hotelboulevard.com maybe there is something there for you.Have a wonderful time.C

Mar 12th, 2002, 06:54 PM
StCirq

I know that area well and don't ever remember hearing about or seeing a Hotel Grenelle (which doesn't mean it doesn't exist). Have you tried a web search?

Lots of nice hotels in that area, including Hotel Duquesne, Hotel du Champ de Mars, Hotel Turenne, Hotel Tourville, Hotel Relais Bosquet.

Good luck.

Mar 12th, 2002, 06:55 PM
c

I just looked for it and cannot find it! Are you sure of the name? Perhaps you should consider another hotel.What is the price range and area you would like to be in? Would be happy to help if possible.

Mar 12th, 2002, 07:46 PM
wes fowler

I found the following comment by going to www.paris.org
I staid (sic) in this hôtel in may 98 for a 10 day period. It's been a positive experience on all points. The personnel is what we wish in a hôtel, smart, diligent, etc. It is a family management, so they are interested to see you again. I rented a superior room. It's really a 3-star accommodation refering to Paris standard. The breakfast is good and the service is fast. The hôtel is located facing a 3-lane metro station, what is particularly accommodating. I will return to this hôtel on my next visit in Paris

Mar 12th, 2002, 07:56 PM
wes fowler

Here's more info. The hotel is in the 15th arrondisement which may not be the most convenient from which to sight see.

Hotel GRENELLE - - FF - Legend
140, Boulevard de Grenelle; 75015 PARIS
La Motte Picquet Grenelle
(0)1 01.45.75.26.54
(0)1 01.45.77.73.94
Chambres / Rooms: 28
Credit Cards: CB/Visa, AMEX, EC/MC, DC.

Mar 21st, 2002, 03:50 PM
mike

Many thanks to all who replied, with a special thanks to Wes Fowler who found the coordinates and the review. I’ve been more diligent in my searches on the web and found more info including their web-site (very slick). The distance off the main sightseeing areas is not too great and the deal is fairly good so we will be booking there and will post a review when we return. Thanks again to all.

Regards
Mike

Apr 3rd, 2002, 06:27 AM
jackie

in regards to hotel grenelle, look into an air transat holidays europe brocure pg 31. this hotel is rated 2+ description is close to eiffel tower and la motte-picquet subway,well-kept,comfortable hotel with superior and standard airconditioned rooms.hope this helps