Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Any good photo sites of Italy on the web?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 08:34 AM
Shawn

I am looking for any web sites that have travel photos of Italy, especially Rome, Venice, Florence, Siena, Pisa, etc. Not looking for artsy type photos, just everyday pictures taken by tourists.<BR><BR>Any help will be appreciated.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 11:26 AM
Capo

Hi Shawn. These aren't photos by taken by tourists (although, hopefully, in topping this, someone will notice it and post some web sites for you) but by an American named Nancy Robinson, who we met at her gallery in Sorrento, the Grace Gallery, last year. She has captured some wonderful images of places and people in Italy. <BR><BR>http://www.gracegallery.com

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 11:46 AM
Vita

Here's my half complete site. I didn't finsih uploading my pictures of Florence but I have pictures of Rome, Siena, San G., and Montepulciano. Click on the folder on the left hand side.<BR><BR>http://photos.yahoo.com/lifeisbeautifu1

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 02:41 PM
Barb

This person has some nice stuff:<BR><BR>www.jimtardio.com/italy.html

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 03:43 AM
Steve James

Hello Shawn,<BR><BR>Some superb ones hereBR><BR>www.capri-exclusive.com <BR>Amalfi Coast & Capri.<BR><BR>www.danheller.com/italy.html<BR>Rome, Venice, Florence ...<BR><BR>www.pisaonline.it/Pisa/Photos.htm<BR><BR>www.dolomiti.it/eng/fototour/estate.htm<BR>www.dolomiti.it/eng/fototour/inverno.htm<BR>Dolomites ...<BR><BR>Happy surfing!<BR><BR>Steve<BR>

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 03:58 AM
kavey

My Venice ones are at<BR><BR>http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=22741731403&n=1474592975<BR><BR>Kavey

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 04:22 AM
Christine

Shawn, for some of the most gorgeous photos of the tuscany area have a look at this site. I know this doesn't quite fit your criteria (since this is a professional photographer's site) but the pictures are some of my favourites.<BR>www.duccionacci.it

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 08:30 AM
dan woodlief

I have some on my site at www.oneeyed.homestead.com. I see someone already mentioned Jim Tardio and Dan Heller. If you look at www.photo.net, you can find photos by searching the gallery or taking a look at the site owner's travel section. Take a look at <BR>www.traveurope.net/fodorite/fodor.htm to see shots by other Fodors users.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 04:10 AM
xxxx

topping

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 05:44 AM
sandi

Try this link. It's to Imagestation.com where hundreds of people post their pictures in a "photo album" format. The link below goes to the travel/europe/Italy album link. Try to copy and paste the URL. Mine's in there too!<BR><BR>http://www.imagestation.com/category...aly%2Fnew.html

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 06:04 AM
jimmy

try at www.cinqueterreonline.com click on photo or some else

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 02:43 AM
Andrea

The easiest way to find pictures of specific cities or monuments is to go to Google.com, click on the "Images" search, and then type in the name of the city or monument. <BR><BR>This is also something I've found very helpful when wanting more information about a specific hotel - just type the name in, and sometimes you can find pictures of the hotel (even the rooms) that other people have taken on their vacations, or from an article reviewing the hotel.