Reload this Page >

Any comments on our Itinerary

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2000, 02:03 AM
Heidi

Finally, after seeking lots of advice on this forum and sifting through all of the hotels that DON'T have space (we're going in May), I have put together our itinerary. It looks like this. <BR>Fly to Venice. 3 days @ the Cipriani <BR>Train to Florence. 2 days @ Villa Montartino <BR>Hire car, drive to Il Borghetto in Chianti. 3 days here (spend days expolring the countryside) 3 Days at Le Silve di Armenzano near Assisi (spend days expolring the countryside) Train from Assisi to Rome. 3 days at the Hassler. Fly home. <BR>Does anyone think we're trying to do too much? Also, given the 2 bases we have, one in Chianti and one in Assisi, I would be interested to hear of the places we should visit from here. <BR> <BR>Thank for all of your advice!

Old Mar 23rd, 2000, 02:47 PM
Patrick

This is certainly the deluxe version of what I love to do. Sounds like great hotels, and I think the itinerary is just great. Like everyone else, I will agree ahead of time, that it would be nice to spend more time in any of those places, but you are giving yourself enough time in each to get a really good flavor of what they have to offer. Not sure if you have been to Italy before or not, if not, you are really doing it right. From Assisi I'd definitely visit Spoleto and Gubbio. And anywhere you go in or near Chianti will be great, but definitely hit Montelpulciano and Montalcino.

Old Mar 24th, 2000, 06:43 AM
Heidi

Thanks for your reply. It's great to get reassurance when you spend so long planning a trip! It is our first time in Italy so we wanted to do as much as possible without spreading ourselves too thinly around the country!I will take your advice for side trips on board. <BR> <BR>Thanks again

Old Mar 24th, 2000, 06:55 AM
Rex

Heidi, <BR> <BR>Since you're from Bermuda, I'm curious about carrier from your beautiful island to Europe - - and what cities are served? Has anybody ever made a stop-over in Bermuda on their way to Europe? I suppose it adds substantially to the cost - - or does it?

Old Mar 27th, 2000, 02:30 AM
Heidi

In answer to your question, only BA flies direct from Bermuda to London Gatwick 4 times a week. There are several flights a day from the US (JFK, Newark, Atlanta, Boston, Baltimore) and one to Toronto. I can imagine it would be quite expensive to stop over in bermuda on the way to Europe though. <BR> <BR>HTH