Reload this Page >

Any comments on my itinerary?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 01:05 PM
Karen

My husband and I are going to Portugal for 2 weeks at the end of September, beginning of October. We plan to stay 2 nights in Lisbon, 1 in Palmela, 2 nights in Evora, 2 nights in Bucaco at the Hotel Palace, 1 night in Obidos, finishing the trip with 3 nights in Sintra. We have 2 nights not booked between staying in Evora and going to Bucaco. Mostly we are staying in pousadas. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 02:01 PM
Wendy

can;t help but hope that by topping someone else will!

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 03:32 PM
Grandma

It's been quite awhile since we were in Portugal, but 3 nites in Sintra seems a lot. I'd probably add time to Lisbon... one of my all time favorite cities. Does your schedule take you near Sagres?

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 06:11 PM
ttt

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 08:17 AM
www.tourist-in-portugal.web.pt

Hi. 3 nights in Sintra is ok, because not only you have Sintra to visit, but also it's easy to come to Lisbon by train, and to go to cascais by bus.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 08:21 AM

answering to Grandma : no, it's not near Sagres ( Sagres is in the Algarve, and the itinerarie takes them only to Alentejo).<BR>I think that &Eacute;vora and the sorroundings wouldn't mind to be visited with an extra day by Karen.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 11:14 AM
Karen

Thanks for your responses, everybody...one more bit of advice? Has anybody stayed in the Pousada in Crato. How about Marvao?

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 04:26 AM

I have not stayed on that pousada, but Marv&atilde;o is very nice , as all the Alentejo region is (note: Alentejo is the region south of river tagus, and north of the Algarve hills, and the northern section is Alto Alentejo, while the southern is Baixo Alentejo, so when we speak about Alentejo we are talking about all that region)