Another Madrid/Toledo Question....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5th, 2003, 09:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Madrid/Toledo Question....

Hello,

I will be in Spain at the end of October. Because of our schedule we plan on
doing a daytrip to Toledo from Madrid on Sun. Oct. 26. This is the only date we can do this.However, I am debating whether or not we should spend the night in Toledo. Mon
morning we plan on taking the AVE from Madrid to Seville. Is it better to do Toledo Sun day and come back late that night via bus to Madrid or spend the night in Toledo Sun night and then go back to Madrid to catch the AVE? Any suggestions? Our schedule is below. Thanks in advance.

Thurs: Oct. 23 arrive Madrid
Fri Oct. 24th Segovia Daytrip
Sat. Oct. 25th Madrid all day
Sun. Oct. 26th Toledo daytrip only or spend the night?
Mon Oct. 27th take AVE to Seville.
Old Oct 5th, 2003, 10:48 AM
car

jimbo 1
The real question here is should we go for a traffic jam Sunday evening or move our luggage twice in two days?
Toledo Sunday night will be quiet and nice and it is a nice small town once the crowds leave.
If you decide to stay i will suggest you take the train back to Madrid instead of bus, then on Monday morning you will be arriving to the same station where the AVE to seville is leaving. check in www.renfe.es
Old Oct 5th, 2003, 11:25 AM

Jimbo1,
If you wanted to return to Toledo on Sun. via late afternoon train, you wouldn't deal with the traffic jam that you would inevitably have with the evening bus (but of course, the traffic jam of weekenders returning to the city would be the bus driver's headache to deal with, not yours).
There's a Sunday afternoon Regional Expres train from Toledo departing at 6:42, arriving Atocha at 8:11 p.m.

Or you could spend Sun. night in Toledo and take the Mon. morning Regional Express back to Madrid, leaving at 7:15 a.m., arriving Atocha at 8:30 a.m. and connect to the 9 a.m. AVE to Seville-next AVE leaves at 10. But if you take the 9 a.m, you should have those AVE tickets already in hand, and you'll need to walk (briskly) from the Regional Express tracks at Atocha to the Puerta de Atocha AVE tracks.

If you take the Mon. 7:15 a.m. train from Toledo back to Atocha, that doesn't give you much time really to enjoy your Toledo hotel with such an early departure the next morning. You'd have to leave the hotel before breakfast is served. For such a short amount of time it doesn't really seem worth the money to me.

The next train back to Madrid doesn't leave until 2:10 p.m., then you wouldn't get to Seville until early even. on Mon.
Just some thoughts...
Old Oct 5th, 2003, 06:54 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the advice. My ideal plan would be to stay as late as possible in
Toledo. What time does the latest Bus/train leave for Madrid for on a Sunday Night? Any way to check on that beforehand? Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 5th, 2003, 10:18 PM
car

You can check in http://www.continental-auto.es/conti...;origen=TOLEDO On sundays lates one at 11:30 pm
Old Oct 5th, 2003, 10:40 PM
car

Sorry www.continental-auto.es is for buses starting 5:15 am with one every 30 minutes till 11:30 pm on Sundays.
Days other than sundays latest one at 10:00 pm