Another Ireland trip report

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16th, 2003, 09:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is from my May trip. You'll need to have some time on your hands.

http://www.geocities.com/obeirne_ireland_2003/

Bill
Old Dec 16th, 2003, 10:07 AM

I glanced thru your trip report and bookmarked it. You did a very nice job. Thanks for sharing it. We are going in late May 2004 and stopping at some of the places you were in. It's great to get another's perspective.
Old Dec 16th, 2003, 12:24 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Budman. We may be back again in late May also. Just have to see. If you have any specific questions about some of the places you might not have been, let me know.

Bill
Old Dec 16th, 2003, 05:54 PM

Bill, I loved your most recent trip report! (Although I still have such fond memories of your camera disaster from the prior trip!)

You mentioned that one B&B was your favorite of the trip, but I don't think you mentioned the name. (Forgive me, my greying brain can't remember the town - I will look at your page again for that - but I'm pretty sure you didn't give the name!) How was the toilet paper in general on this last trip? I look forward to next year's story!

Allison
Old Dec 17th, 2003, 07:47 AM
Original Poster

Hi Allison:

Hard to believe people would remember a previous rambling attempt at a journal. I'm honored!

The toilet paper seems to be improving. So much so that I chose not to rate it this time. My favorite B&B is "The Shores" near Castlegregory on the Dingle peninsula. It's on the north coast pretty much at the base of the Conor Pass Road. It's now rated as a 5* by AA goes for the same price as a lot of 3*. Although it's not the cheapest at E35 pp, for what you get, it's a bargain. She actually has a room that is an apartment somplete with a kitchen which, at the time, was renting for the same price pp.

Each trip deserves a camera disaster and this one had me soaking one of them on the Gap of Dunloe trip. It didn't come back to life until the end of the trip.

We took a short trip over Thanksgiving but really didn't take notes as I went. I'll see if I can put something together. Haven't even taken the pictures in yet.

Bill
Old Dec 17th, 2003, 12:54 PM

Hi Bill,

I'm another one who's just finished reading your WONDERFUL and hilarious trip report.

You trip brought back great memories of my trip a couple of years ago . . . but we just rented a car, no boat.

Thanks for posting your journal and I hope to read more in the future.

Happy traveling,
Sandy (in Denton, TX)
Old Dec 17th, 2003, 02:43 PM
Original Poster

Sandy:

Yes, renting the boat was an adventure, but I'd do it again in a flash. It should be noted that I have never piloted any kind of powered water craft before, so this was a huge stretch ... and we lived.

Thanks for the nice comments. I really appreciate it.

Bill