Search

Anniversary in Meersburg

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anniversary in Meersburg

Greetings!

I am hoping to find some assistance. My wife and I are traveling to Germany in September and while we are there we will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. We will actually be in Meersburg on the date of our anniversary and I am looking for something romantic to do while we are in Meersburg. I tried finding things to do, but I am horrible at internet research and didn't have much luck. My colleague pointed me to Fodors and raved about the message board. So I am here giving it a try

Here is what I am hoping to find - I am looking for a nice restaurant to eat dinner and something else "romantic" to do as well. Do any of you have any suggestions?

I apologize for my "cluelessness" but it will be my first time out of the United States and I'm hoping some of you can be of help in making my 10th anniversary special.

Thank you kindly in advance.
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 01:46 PM

What would you think about a dinner cruise on the lake? If the weather plays along (september can still be summery, or not any more, so decide on the spot) it can be pretty romantic I think...
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 04:59 PM

Try www.meersburg.de
You can find information on almost any town/city in Germany by using the www. name-the-city.de.
We plan on going to Meersburg too, it looks like a great place. (At least on the Internet). The castle sounds interesting - it "dates back to 628 and is the oldest German castle still intact." According to Frommer's. I can't wait!!
Happy Anniversary!
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 05:27 PM

We were there in early August so it might be a summer thing, but there was an awesome outdoor concert one night while we were there - it took place in the plaza near the castle in the upper town.

Some of the lakefront promenade restaurants look nicer than others. I remember one, associated with a hotel I believe, that had outdoor dining in a lovely vine covered patio. It was right on the water toward the west side of town.

Meersburg was one of our favorite towns.

Have fun!
H
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 09:02 PM

We stayed 2 nights in Meersburg 2 years ago..was wonderful. Took the ferry across the Bodensee and explored Konstanz. Stayed at "3 Stuben Hotel," very nice hotel in the pedestrian area.Can't recall the meals but someone here will tell you.
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 07:44 AM
Original Poster

Good morning and thank you all for your help! I'm still a little unsure as to what I'm doing but the dinner cruise is definitely sounding like a great idea.

Thanks again and I wish you all the best in your own travels!
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 08:17 PM

For Dinner - go to Hotel weinstube Restaurant. Markplatz 2. the dinner is fantastic and it is so quaint.

See the castle it is very worthwhile.

Also, a must do is Insel Mainau. It is a tropical island in the middle of the bodensee. It is very exotic and beautiful. There are 15 foot rose bushes from Napolean here. It is a quci boat ride and it offers a day of unbeleivable beauty and interest.

I loved meersburg!!!!!

have fun!!!!
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 08:22 PM

I also reccomend The 3 Stuben Hotel. We stayed in a family suite and it was lovely. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful and the dinner was good to too.
The beds and linens were heavenly, and the Inn keepers were very helpful.