Anniversary Dinner 7 Sept in the Luberon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the reasons for traveling back to Provence and the Petite Luberon this year is to celebrate our third wedding anniversary where we had our wedding ceremony. It is an area that continues to pull at my heart and soul. My question is this, where would you suggest having our special dinner? Three years ago, we had dinner at Auberge de la Bartavelle in Goult, which was quite good. This year I am thinking maybe L'Arome in Bonnieux. I am familiar with the area as this is my third trip over the last 6 years. I would like to be within 30 minutes of Bonnieux/Lourmarin/Goult. Comments please and/or suggestions.
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Le petit Maison in Cocuron
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 11:25 AM

We're not big fans of driving over the Combe de Lourmarin in the dark after a few glasses of wine, but Auberge La Fenier in Lourmarin is excellent. About a 30 min drive from Goult. They have rooms at the Auberge.

Stu Dudley
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 12:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
abby, sorry for my typo. it's cucuron.
http://www.provencefoodandwine.com/2...on-de-cucuron/
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Original Poster

Cigalechanta, Stu Dudley. Thank you for your input. I have looked at La Petite Maison before on our last visit..the wedding..did not know it was so highly thought of at the time. It is amazing to me that there really are some fine restaurants in this area in such small villages. And I agree absolutely with Stu about driving through the 'hills' at night in this area. It is hard enough during the day to drive and get a sense of the landscape. I wonder if there is anything right off the D900? Maybe I will look in Cavaillon or Apt. The more I think about it, I may just decide to do a nice lunch so the night time driving does not become an issue.
Thank you all.
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 03:31 PM

How about Le Mas de Tourteron in Les Imberts, near Gordes?
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 08:59 PM

>>How about Le Mas de Tourteron in Les Imberts<<

Very nice place - we've dined there several times. The Gite we stay in is less than 5 K away.

Stu Dudley
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 08:12 AM

I agree with Stu about not driving through the mountain pass after dark. If you're going to be north of the Luberon, L'Arome is a really special place... especially for dinner.

I haven't eaten there for a while, but Auberge de la Loube is a very unique setting for lunch.

Kathy
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 08:40 AM

Stu,bet you stay in the same gite we did; I know you don't divulge the name of your gites, but is it overlooking a field of poppies couple of K outside Gordes?
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 09:02 AM

>>but is it overlooking a field of poppies couple of K outside Gordes?<<

Nope. There are not any great views because there is vegetation all around. Just outside of the vegetation, there are lots & lots of vineyards.

Stu Dudley
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 10:36 AM

Friends of ours had a group dinner at Le Phébus, near Joucas and Gordes. They raved about it and said the staff were really first rate, as was the food.
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Original Poster

Wow, thank you all for your information. I now have some homework to do. On our previous visits to the Petite Luberon we picked our restaurants by chance. We would drive by and see something that interested us visually and try and get a table. The success rate was about 95% over a 15 day period on two visits. I can honestly say that we have been extremely lucky because all our dinners in France have been great vice one near Bischwiller. I am not a gourmand but it is amazing to me how uniformly good the food is in France. I am eagerly counting down the days for our departure to Paris, and our vacation in Provence and the Dordogne.